POW! Winston Is Purr-Fect Lap Warmer For Holidays
“Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years.”
– Ausonius, Roman poet and teacher of rhetoric
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photos by Lorena Page Photography.
He won’t be the first cat you see when you enter the KCAC cat room. In fact, you might not see him at all until you bend down and look into the opening of the nearest cat condo.
And there he is, inside staring out at the world with a face that has seen a life far different than the one he’s living now. With his green eyes that seem to hold all of the feline wisdom of the ages, this 10-year-old domestic shorthair named Winston is extremely laid back.
Content to find the perfect lap on which to spend his days, he mostly minds his own business, although he doesn’t mind being around other cats.
With winter just around the corner, Winston will make the perfect lap warmer while keeping you company during the dark snowy days to come!
Congratulations to Arnie, the Pit Bull puppy that loves everyone!
His new family is ready and prepared to spend the time teaching him the ways of the world. His days will be filled with long runs, warm naps and lots of love. We’re so happy for you, Arnie!
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! Bowzer Is Perfect Mix of Lab and Pointer!
- POW! Lavender Will Tug at Your Heartstrings And Make You Go ‘Awww!’
- POW! Lily Is Lavender’s ‘Aww-Some’ Sister
- POW! Kyle’s Big, Goofy Grin Shows His Labrador Love
- POW! Sweet, Happy Lotte Is All Beagle And Doggone Cute!
- POW! Playful Kitten Maggie Is Ready To Be Your BFF!
- POW! Could Anyone Resist a Puss Named Boots?
- POW! Honey, Start Your Purr Engine!
- POW! Look Up ‘Tabby’ in The Dictionary, And You’ll See Brayden
- POW! Say Hello to Dolly, The Cutest Puppy Ever
- POW! Make Arnie’s Incredible Journey Just Like Chance in ‘Homeward Bound’
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.