KDOT November Roadwork Update: Caissons Rolling on LMP, Huntley-Galligan Nearly Done
It’s been a wet and wild month for road construction in Kane County, with progress being made on the Longmeadow Parkway Bridge Corridor in both the B-2 White Chapel Lane to east of IL Route 31 segment and the Section D, from east of IL Route 25 to IL Route 62 and along IL Route 62.
Meanwhile, improvements to the intersection at Huntley and Galligan Roads near Gilberts are moving along and should be completed by the end of the month.
Here’s a recap, presented by the Kane County Division of Transportation.
LMP Bridge Corridor Section B-2 — White Chapel Lane to East of IL 31
Windows of fair weather between rain events have affected progress on the project as the contractor tries to do earthwork in wet conditions.
Crews continue placing soil and grading the Raging Buffalo site and the areas adjacent to IL Route 31. Caisson driving for one of the retaining walls close to Forest Drive continues.
Storm sewer installation and utility relocation are ongoing. Mass grading and earthwork on the project will continue throughout the year.
The project is anticipated to be completed in November.
LMP Bridge Corridor Section D — East of IL Route 25 to IL Route 62
Curb and gutter, pavement and landscaping has been ongoing since the beginning of the month and is nearly complete.
Utility relocation issues along IL Route 62 continues. Other tasks will begin as weather and project conditions improve.
The anticipated project completion is June 2019.
Huntley at Galligan Intersection Improvement
The contractor has placed the pavement required for the new signalized intersection.
The contractor is about to complete signal work.
Project completion is late November.
What Else Is KDOT Working On?
Here is the status of Kane County highway improvement projects that were recently awarded a construction contract or are still are in the design phase, and require right-of-way acquisition or additional funding before moving to construction:
- Longmeadow Parkway Bridge Corridor – Phase II engineering and ROW acquisition continue; four parcels remain. Portions of Section C will go to construction upon the completion of Phase II engineering and ROW acquisition as follows:
- C-1 (Brunner FP to Sandbloom/Williams including new Fox River Bridge) bids were opened Oct. 2, 2018
- C-2 (Sandbloom/Williams to IL Route 25) targeting the Illinois Department of Transportation Sept. 20, 2019, letting dependent upon ROW acquisition
- C-3 (IL Route 25 intersection) targeting IDOT’s Nov. 9, 2018, letting
- C-4 Toll Collection System targeting 2020 local letting
- Bliss Road/Fabyan Parkway/Main Street Road – Phase II engineering is under way.
- Bunker Road Extension – Keslinger Road to LaFox Road – Phase II engineering and ROW acquisition are ongoing.
- Dauberman Road Extension – Granart Road to U.S. 30 – Phase I engineering is nearing completion and the locally funded portion of Phase II engineering has started.
- Fabyan Parkway at Kirk Road – ROW acquisition is nearing completion. Targeting IDOT’s Jan. 18, 2019, letting.
- Kirk Road over UP RR, Metra & Tyler Creek – Phase I engineering is ongoing.
- Kirk Road – IL 56 to Cherry Lane HSIP – Targeting IDOT’s Jan. 18, 2019, letting.
- Main Street Road over Blackberry Creek And at IL Route 47 – IDOT is the lead agency for the ongoing phase II engineering and ROW acquisition.
- Randall Road at Weld Road/U.S. 20 – Phase II engineering is nearing completion. Targeting IDOT’s March 8, 2019, letting.
- Randall Road – Huntley Road to Big Timber Road Adaptive Signal Control combined with Stage 3 HSIP Randall Road from North County Line to Silver Glen Road – Phase II engineering is nearing completion. Targeting IDOT’s Nov. 9, 2018, letting.
- Stage 2 HSIP Fabyan Parkway – Kaneville Road to Raddant Road and Randall/Orchard Road – Fabyan Pkwy to Jericho Rd – Phase II engineering is nearing completion. Targeting IDOT’s Jan. 18, 2019, letting.
- Stearns Road (Stage 5A) at Randall Road/McDonald Road – Phase II engineering is nearing completion. Targeting IDOT’s Jan. 18, 2019, letting.
- Various Engineering Projects – There are more than 60 active projects in various stages of completion. Please contact our office if you have a question on the status of another project.
For all Kane County traffic advisories, visit the Traffic Alerts Page of the KDOT website.
Work Zone Safety Alert
Drivers in this project area should be prepared to reduce their speed, exercise caution, watch for construction workers and construction vehicles entering or leaving the site, and obey flaggers and other traffic control devices within the work zone.
Drivers should expect delays and may want to add additional time to their commutes and consider the use of alternate routes while this work is completed.
Kane County reminds drivers that is illegal to talk on a cell phone or text while driving through a highway construction work zone. The minimum penalty for speeding in a work zone is $375.
Click this link to find out how Kane County Drivers can “make zero fatalities a reality.”