Election 2018 U.S. Congress: Casten Defeats Roskam, Underwood Topples Hultgren
2 AM UPDATE
Two incumbent Republican congressmen were unseated Tuesday.
Sean Casten defeated Peter Roskam in the 6th Congressional District, and Lauren Underwood defeated Randy Hultgren in the 14th District.
Two Democatic U.S. reps retained their seats.
Raja Krishnamoorthi defeated Jitendra “JD” Diganvker handily in the race for the 8th Congressional District seat. Bill Foster defeated Nick Stella by more than a 2-to-1 ratio in the 11th Congressional District.
FOR THE 6TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVE IN CONGRESS
65 OF 65 PRECINCTS REPORTING:
- Peter J. Roskam (Republican) — 21,171 Kane County, 139,395 Districtwide
- Sean Casten (Democratic) — 22,096 Kane County,156,005 Districtwide * WINNER
FOR THE 8TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVE IN CONGRESS
55 OF 55 PRECINCTS REPORTING, 99.2% REPORTING DISTRICTWIDE
- Jitendra “JD” Diganvker (Republican) — 5,190 Kane County, 65,146 Districtwide
- Raja Krishnamoorthi (Democratic) — 12,406 Kane County, 123,801 Districtwide * WINNER
FOR THE 11TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVE IN CONGRESS
74 OF 74 PRECINCTS REPORTING:
- Nick Stella (Republican — 7,685 Kane County, 80,355 District
- Bill Foster (Democratic) — 18,961 Kane County, 140,538 District * WINNER
FOR THE 14TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVE IN CONGRESS
104 OF 104 PRECINCTS REPORTING:
- Randall M. “Randy” Hultgren (Republican) — 38,422 Kane County, 131,819 District
- Lauren Underwood (Democratic — 40,743 Kane County, 142,261 District * WINNER
More Election Results
- Nov. 6 Election Results: Referendums
- Nov. 6 Election Results: Kane County Races
- Nov. 6 Election Results: “Other” Local Races
- Nov. 6 Election Results: State Races
- Nov. 6 Election Results: Federal Races
If you’re looking for election results “straight from the horse’s mouth,” check out this link to the Kane County Clerk’s Office website.
- Daily Herald Election Results Page
- Chicago Tribune Election Page
- Kane County Chronicle Election Page
Links To Collar County Election Sites