KDOT UPDATE: LMP Grading Will Continue Through November
Kane County Division of Transportation work continues into the fall, with October highlights that include the Longmeadow Parkway and Huntley Road at Gallagan intersection improvements.
Here’s the KDOT report for the month of October 2108:
LMP — White Chapel to East of IL Route 31
Windows of fair weather between rain events have affected progress on the project as the contractor tries to do earth work in wet conditions. Crews continue placing soil and grading at the Raging Buffalo site and the areas adjacent to IL Route 31.
Pile driving for the retaining wall close to Forest Drive and at the new bridge over IL Route 31 has been completed. Storm sewer installation and utility relocation are ongoing.
Mass grading and earthwork on the project will continue throughout the year. Anticipated project completion is November 2019.
LMP — East of IL Route 25 to IL Route 62 and Along IL Route 62
The contractor is focusing on completing work on new Longmeadow Parkway while utility issues get ironed out. Utility relocation issues along IL Route 62 continues.
Crews are also working on placing curb and gutter, landscaping and building the new MUP path on the new Longmeadow Parkway pavement, which will continue for the next few months, weather permitting.
Other tasks will begin as weather and project conditions improve. Anticipated project completion is June 2019.
Huntley at Galligan Intersection Improvement
The contractor has widened Huntley and Galligan roads for traffic to use in anticipation of an upcoming stage change.
Crews also have begun earth work and pavement embankment work per the contract. Project completion is expected the beginning of November.
What Else Is KDOT Working On?
Here is the status of Kane County highway improvement projects that were recently awarded a construction contract or are still are in the design phase, and require right-of-way acquisition and/or additional funding before moving to construction:
- Longmeadow Parkway Bridge Corridor — Phase II engineering and right-of-way acquisition continue. Four parcels remain. Portions of Section C will go to construction upon the completion of Phase II engineering and right-of-way acquisition as follows:
- C-1 (Brunner Forest Preserve to Sandbloom/Williams including new Fox River Bridge) bids were opened Oct. 2, 2018.
- C-2 (Sandbloom/Williams to IL Route 25) targeting IDOT’s Sept. 20, 2019, letting dependent upon right-of-way acquisition.
- C-3 (IL Route 25 intersection) targeting IDOT’s Nov. 9, 2018 letting.
- C-4 Toll Collection System targeting 2020 local letting.
- Bliss Road/Fabyan Parkway/Main Street Road — Phase II engineering is under way.
- Bunker Road Extension, Keslinger Road to LaFox Road — Phase II engineering and right-of-way acquisition are ongoing.
- Dauberman Road Extension, Granart Road to U.S. 30 — Phase I engineering is nearing completion and the locally funded portion of Phase II engineering has started.
- Fabyan Parkway at Kirk Road — Right-of-way acquisition is nearing completion. Targeting IDOT’s Jan. 18, 2019, letting.
- Kirk Road over Union Pacific Railroad, Metra and Tyler Creek – Phase II engineering is ongoing.
- Kirk Road, IL Route 56 to Cherry Lane HSIP — Targeting IDOT’s Jan. 18, 2019, letting.
- Main Street Road over Blackberry Creek and at IL Route 47 — IDOT is the lead agency for the ongoing phase II engineering and right-of-way acquisition.
- Randall Road at Weld Road/U.S. 20 — Phase II engineering is nearing completion. Targeting IDOT’s March 8, 2019, letting.
- Randall Road, Huntley Road to Big Timber Road Adaptive Signal Control combined with Stage 3 HSIP Randall Road from North County Line to Silver Glen Road — Phase II engineering is nearing completion. Targeting IDOT’s Nov. 9, 2018, letting.
- Stage 2 HSIP Fabyan Parkway, Kaneville Road to Raddant Road and Randall/Orchard Road, Fabyan Parkway to Jericho Road — Phase II engineering is nearing completion. Targeting IDOT’s Jan. 18, 2019, letting.
- Stearns Road (Stage 5A) at Randall Road/McDonald Road — Phase II engineering is nearing completion. Targeting IDOT’s Jan. 18, 2019, letting.
- Various Engineering Projects — There are more than 60 active projects in various stages of completion. Please contact the KDOT office if you have a question on the status of another project.
For all Kane County traffic advisories, visit the Traffic Alerts Page of the KDOT website.
Work Zone Safety Alert
Drivers in this project area should be prepared to reduce their speed, exercise caution, watch for construction workers and construction vehicles entering or leaving the site, and obey flaggers and other traffic control devices within the work zone.
Drivers should expect delays and may want to add additional time to their commutes and consider the use of alternate routes while this work is completed.
Kane County reminds drivers that is illegal to talk on a cell phone or text while driving through a highway construction work zone. The minimum penalty for speeding in a work zone is $375.
Click this link to find out how Kane County Drivers can “make zero fatalities a reality.”