Sept. 21 Conference Takes Holistic Approach to Worksite Wellness
You are invited to the Wellness Works 2018 conference from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday, Sept. 21, at the Prisco Community Center, 150 W. Illinois Ave., Aurora.
Wellness Works 2018 will take a holistic approach to worksite wellness and is open to all Kane County businesses and organizations that are interested in improving workplace health.
Forum Open to Area Employers
Employers interested in having healthier and happier employees are invited to take part in the fifth Wellness Works conference sponsored by the Healthy Living Council of Greater Aurora.
Wellness Works 2018 is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21, at the Prisco Community Center in Aurora.
The forum will offer information and ideas on providing a holistic approach to worksite wellness. Speakers from around the Fox Valley will cover workplace communication, workplace safety, mindfulness, and mental health “first aid” training. Thirty exhibitors will give insight and information on available workplace wellness opportunities.
‘Active Shooter’ Speaker
Among the guest speakers is John Diederich, senior vice president and chief operating officer at Rush Copley Medical Center in Aurora.
Diederich was in attendance at the country music concert in Las Vegas a year ago where a man opened fire on the crowd, killing about 60 people. Diederich will speak on “Active Shooter: From Training to Survival – A Hospital COO’s Story.”
Other speakers include Diane Thomas of Presence Mercy Medical Center, on “Effective Communication in the Workplace”; Denise Elsbree of Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, “Be the One to Make a Difference in Your Workplace: Mental Health First Aid”; and Laura Kowalski of TriCity Family Services, “Mindfulness in Practice.”
The cost of the conference is $25 ($35 after Sept. 15), and includes a healthy and tasty lunch.
For information on attending Wellness Works 2018, contact Alexis Katzenbach at the Kane County Health Department, KatzenbachAlexis@co.kane.il.us or 630-264-7670, or register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wellness-works-2018-tickets-46614872338.
- 10-10:45 a.m. — Registration, Networking and Exhibitors
- 10:45-11 a.m. — Welcome/Opening Remarks, Adrienne Holloway, City of Aurora Chief Innovation Officer
- 11-11:10 a.m. — Icebreaker
- 11:10-11:40 a.m. — Effective Communication in the Workplace, Diane Thomas, Psy.D., LCPC, Presence Mercy Medical Center
- 11:40-11:50 a.m. — Guided Movement, Lisa Santoria
- 11:50 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — Mindfulness in Practice, Laura Kowalski, LCPC, TriCity Family Services
- 12:30-1:10 p.m. — Lunch, Networking and Exhibitors
- 1:10-1:55 p.m. — Be the One to Make a Difference in your Workplace: Mental Health First Aid, Denise Elsbree, LCSW, Linden Oaks Behavioral Health
- 1:55-2:05 p.m. — Guided Movement, Lisa Santoria
- 2:05-2:50 p.m. — Active Shooter: From Training to Survival (A Hospital COO’s Story), John Diedrerich, Rush Copley Medical Center
- 2:50-3 p.m. — Evaluation/Door Prize
SOURCE: Kane County Health Department