Kane County Seeks Bids on Auto, Truck Replacement Parts
Want to do business with Kane County?
Here is a public bid opportunity for vendors who sell auto, truck parts, supplies and delivery to various Kane County locations.
Bid 41-018: Non-OEM Auto Parts
The Kane County Purchasing Department released Bid 41-018 Non-OEM Auto Parts on Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018.
The County of Kane is accepting competitive sealed bids from qualified and authorized vendors for the purchase and delivery of various non-OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) automotive and truck replacement parts and supplies.
Delivery locations to include the Kane County Sheriff’s Office, Division of Transportation, Building Management, and any government unit (taxing body) within Kane County who should chose to be a part of this program wherever their locations.
All products must be new, unused, and of the latest design and technology and from the most current first or highest quality product lines.
Reference to brand names and part numbers is descriptive, but not restrictive, unless otherwise specified.
Bids on equivalent items will be considered, provided the bidder clearly states exactly what is proposed to be furnished, including complete specifications. Unless the bidder specified otherwise, it is understood the bidder is offering a referenced brand item as specified.
Quality of Parts
- The awarded vendor shall supply first or highest line quality parts from a national manufacturer.
- Replacement parts supplied must meet or exceed OEM specifications.
- Vendor shall provide catalogs and technical information upon request.
- Items, which are considered used, demonstrators, obsolete, seconds or which have been discontinued are unacceptable without prior written approval.
- Most of the applications will be for emergency or heavy duty use.
- Vendor must have the capability to provide delivery of the products as requested at no additional cost to the county.
- Awarded vendor must have the capability to deliver in stock items within one hour of request. This type of delivery will be referenced as “Hot Shot Delivery.”
- Items that are not in stock must be delivered within 24 hours of request. This type of delivery will be referenced as “Stock Delivery.”
- The vendor shall notify the county representative of any item not being delivered within the one hour time frame.
- No minimum delivery, the county will order product as needed.
- A delivery ticket/packing list/invoice shall accompany each shipment. Absence of a delivery ticket/packing list may cause the refusal of said shipment. All credits must be issued on a separate slip.
- Invoices are to list contract number, manufacturer’s list price and discounted price. Invoices that do not include this information may be returned.
Vendors interested in receiving the bid specifications can contact the Purchasing Department at email@example.com or obtain the bidder registration form by going to the purchasing page of the county’s website, and click on the link for “Bids and Proposals.”
Bid responses are due in the Purchasing Department, Bldg., A., Rm# 210, 212, or 214, 719 S. Batavia Ave., Geneva, Illinois 60134 prior to 3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018.
Late bids will not be accepted.
Deliveries shall be made to any Kane County location requiring delivery. The majority of deliveries will be made to the following two locations:
- Kane County Sheriff Fleet Maintenance Facility, 777 Fabyan Parkway, Geneva, IL 60134
- Kane County Department of Transportation, 41W011 Burlington Road, St. Charles, IL 60175
SOURCE: Kane County Purchasing Department
About the Kane County Purchasing Department
Kane County’s Purchasing Department assists all county departments in the purchasing of required goods and services in conformance with the Illinois Compiled Statutes and the Kane County Purchasing Ordinance.
Purchasing is responsible for writing of Bid Specifications and Requests for Proposals for a broad range of commodities and services such as vehicles, cleaning services, janitorial products, copy machines, office supplies, paper, construction projects and professional services. For more information, visit the Kane County Purchasing Department website.
SOURCE: Kane County Purchasing Department