Yikes! 2nd Installment of Property Tax Bill Is Due Sept. 4!
It happens every year, of course, but that second deadline still always seems to sneak up on you.
That’s why Kane County Treasurer David Rickert is sending out a gentle reminder that the second installment of your property tax bill is due Sept. 4, 2018.
If you are a new or existing homeowner and need a copy of the bill to remit payment, you may print off a bill from the Internet by visiting the KaneCountyTreasurer.org website or contact the Treasurer’s Office at 630-232-3565.
Taxpayers can make payment by:
- Mailing the payment to the Treasurer’s Office. Mail postmarked by Sept. 4 is considered on time.
- Dropping the payment off in the property tax drop box, this is available 24 hours a day. The drop box is located behind Building A at the Government Center 719 South Batavia Ave., Geneva, IL.
- Make payment at a participating Kane County Bank. List available at KaneCountyTreasurer.org.
- Pay over the Internet by e-check. This service is free.
- Pay over the Internet by credit/debit card. Please note there is a convenience fee for this service.
Important Due Dates 2018
Read the 2018 Tax Facts Series
- Your Tax Bills Are Coming!
- Relevant Tax Statistics
- Top 10 Kane County Taxpayers
- Which Townships Pay Most in Property Taxes
- Where Your Property Tax Money Goes, Where It Comes From
For More Information
- For questions about exemptions or appeals, call the Kane County Supervisor of Assessments Office at 630-208-3818 or visit KaneCountyAssessments.org.
- For questions about how tax rates are developed, call the Kane County Clerk’s Office at 630-232-5964 or visit KaneCountyClerk.org.
- For questions about tax bills or payments, call the Kane County Treasurer’s Office at 630-232-3565 or visit KaneCountyTreasurer.org.