POW! Sophie Is a Loving, Purr-Fect Black Cat
“Books. Cats. Life is good.
— Edward Gorey, American writer, artist
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photos by Lorena Page Photography.
If you’re a true cat lover, you probably already know or have experienced the love of a black cat, whether it’s a pet you met through a family member, a friend or a co-worker.
For whatever reason, black cats seem more loving, more purr-fect at getting positive attention from their owners.
That certainly is true for one of KCAC’s feline residents, Sophie, a 4-year-old black domestic shorthair. There are no words for how sweet, sweet-Sophie can be. With her gold eyes gazing into yours, pleading with you to pick her up and make her your only lap kitty for the day, she makes it difficult to walk away.
She may appear a bit shy at the outset, but that melts away as she quickly warms up and becomes your best friend. Sophie is a little overweight, so keeping her lap-ready will require watching her diet and giving her plenty of playtime.
Sophie is patiently waiting for her new forever family to arrive to finally give her the best life she will ever have. We know she’s waiting for you.
Congratulations to fabulous little-man Pete, the gray and white domestic shorthair, for finding his forever home.
Now he’ll have all the attention he’s ever wanted! Way to go, Pete!
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! Sweet as a Dolphin, Smart as a Whip — Sophia Is The Total Package
- POW! Sam Is Sweet, Fun And Full of Energy
- POW! You’ll Never Forget Shadow, Or His Smile
- POW! Brie Is a Brave And Beautiful Tortie Mix
- POW! Sweet, Green-Eyed Pumpkin Is Ready For Years of Cuddling
- POW! She Ain’t Cheesy, She’s My Sister
- POW! And Bingo Was His Name-O
- POW! Suave, Delightful, Happy Ivan Loves The Attention
- POW! KC Cuddles, And That’s The Way (Uh Huh, Uh Huh) He Likes It
- POW! Pick Pete, a Soulful Feline
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.