New Season of Fermilab Arts And Lecture Series — Tickets on Sale Now
It’s one of Fermilab’s favorite times of year: the announcement of the new season of the Fermilab Arts and Lecture Series.
Each year, the series welcomes speakers, musicians and actors from around the world, at affordable prices. Highlights this season include a lecture on aliens from SETI’s Jill Tarter, bluegrass band Run Boy Run, a performance of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein by Aquila Theatre, and of course Fermilab’s super-popular, annual Physics Slam.
Tickets are on sale now.
For information, call 630-840-ARTS (630-840-2787). Purchase tickets with no additional fees.
To learn more about the performers and speakers, plus times, dates and ticket prices, we strongly recommend downloading the Fermilab brochure 2018-19.
2018-19 Arts & Lecture Series
- Sept. 29 – Run Boy Run – Americana/Bluegrass
- Oct. 27 – Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
- Nov. 3 – Anda Union from Inner Mongolia
- Dec. 8 — Lightwire Theater: A Very Electric Christmas
- Feb. 23 — Las Cafeteras
- March 3 — Lunasa
- April 13 — Tomas Kubinek: Certified Lunatic and Master of the Impossible
- May 4 — Matthew Whitaker Trio
- Aug. 10 – What We Know About the Causes of Autism – Wendy Chung
- Sept. 21 – Supernovae, Neutron Stars & The Origin of Heavy Elements – Todd Thompson
- Oct. 12 — A Cosmic Perspective: Searching for Aliens, Finding Ourselves – Lecture by Dr. Jill Tarter, SETI
- Nov. 15 – Physics Slam VII (Limit four tickets per person.)
- Jan. 25 — 3-D Printed Cellular Machines for Soft Robotics and Tissue Engineering – Dr. Rashid Bashir
- March 1 — Listening In: Cybersecurity in an Insecure Age – Lecture by Dr. Susan Landau
- April 5 — The Deep Underground Neutrino Experiment – Dr. Stefan Söldner-Rembold
- May 17 — Deep-Sea Bioluminescence – Recent Explorations and Discoveries: Lecture by Dr. Edith Widder