Kane County Offers FREE Prescription Discounts For Your Pets
- Editor’s Note: This article is part of a series on the free NACo Prescription Discount Card and benefits available to you in a joint effort of Kane County government.
One Kane County board service that residents don’t often know about is the NACo Prescription Discount Card provided to you at no charge in a joint effort of Kane County government and the National Association of Counties.
Any county resident without prescription coverage can use this program. Even if you have prescription insurance coverage, you may still benefit from the discount card since it may save you money on prescriptions your existing plan does not cover.
Among the discounts available to Kane County residents is for pet medications. Below is more information, courtesy of the NACo website:
Here is how the NACo Prescription Discount Card Program can be used for your pet prescriptions:
- Only works for medications dispensed from a participating pharmacy. These are the same medications that would also be used to treat human conditions.
- If your pet is prescribed a medication, ask your veterinarian if the medication is also used to treat human conditions. Examples are medications for seizures, heart conditions, infections, allergies, pain relief, diabetes and anti-depressants used to treat behavioral disorders in animals.
- Ask your veterinarian for a written prescription and take the prescription to a participating pharmacy along with your prescription discount card.
Below is a list of medications that are often prescribed for pets:
This is only a sample of some of the medications* that may be used to treat pet conditions. Your veterinarian is your best source for determining which medication(s) are appropriate for your pet.
- Humulin N®
Pain Relief / Arthritis
Stomach / Laxatives
Skin Conditions / Topical
* This page contains references to brand-name prescription drugs that are trademarks or registered trademarks of pharmaceutical manufacturers not affiliated with CVS Caremark.