POW! Sam Is Sweet, Fun And Full of Energy!
“If you get to thinking you’re a person of influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.”
– Will Rogers
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photos by Lorena Page Photography.
His tail wags the minute he sees you, while his back end swivels in rapid motion, almost seemingly unattached from the rest of his body. As he propels himself forward into the room, it’s easy to tell he has set his sights on coming to meet you and nothing is going to slow him down.
His name is Sam and he’s a 9-month-old Pit Bull Terrier-mix with the energy level of a Category 5 hurricane. Before you know it, he’s thrown himself into your lap, tongue at the ready to lick your face.
If Sam’s active levels were measured on a scale from 1 to 10, his number would definitely be off the charts. Combine that with his sweetness range and you now have the perfect recipe for a puppy with an addiction towards getting as much attention as he can.
Sam will need lots of training and direction from an experienced owner in order for him to earn his good citizenship award. Other dogs don’t seem to bother him, but it is very important that he continues getting socialization in this area, as well.
Sam needs a forever family willing to see his incredible potential as the superstar dog he is destined to become.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! ‘Lofty’ Longhair Sid Is More Than Just a Cat
- POW! Ixnay on The Ogday (Schroeder Doesn’t Know He’s a Dog)
- POW! Logan Has Warm Paws And a Cold Nose, Just For YOU!
- POW! Mickleson Is Tiny And Mighty Sweet!
- POW! Sage The Siberian Husky Loves To Play!
- POW! Be Ready To Giggle When You Meet Rakki
- POW! Oh, Mandy, How Happy You’ll Make Me!
- POW! Cuddly, Sleek, Elegant, Beautiful Tucker Is Ready For Adoption!
- POW! All Peluchin Really Needed Was a Little Love
- POW! Sweet as a Dolphin, Smart as a Whip — Sophia Is The Total Package
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.