Police: 6 Tips To Stop Summertime Crime
- Written By Dan Ferrelli, Aurora Police Department
As Nat King Cole sang, “Lock the house up, now you’re set.” Yup, great advice.
But we can add these additional summertime safety tips:
(1) Install lighting, such as motion lights or dusk to dawn detector lights, on your home’s exterior.
(2) Trim shrubbery around your home to eliminate hiding places.
(3) Do not leave bikes unattended.
Lock your bikes, even if you are going to be away for only a few moments.
(4) Be aware of your surroundings and those around you when you walk, jog, or bike.
(5) Install a locking mailbox or ask a neighbor to pick up your mail when on vacation.
(6) Get to know your neighbors!
Let a trusted neighbor know if you are planning to travel this summer. Neighbors who know each other look out for each other.
SOURCE: Aurora Police Department Facebook page