Meet Allison Arguezo, Kane County Connects’ 2018 Summer Intern
A new summer intern will upgrade the content on Kane County Connects this summer.
Allison Arguezo, a senior at St. Charles East High School in the upcoming fall, has joined the KCC staff and will continue the strong St. Charles connection in the tradition of last year’s interns, Annabel Sengstock and Elizabeth Kramer.
Arguezo brings an impressive resume as well as a fresh perspective to KCC storytelling, as a St. Charles resident who recently moved from Green Bay, WI.
Arguezo first got involved with St. Charles East’s student newspaper, the X-Ray, when she moved to St. Charles in January. Starting the 2018-19 school year, she will be the student newspaper’s entertainment co-section editor. Her other achievements and club memberships include National Honors Society, National English Honors Society, National Social Studies Honor Society, Operation Snowball, and theater.
“I’m interested in local government and its functions,” she said. “Through the internship with Kane County Connects, I hope to further knowledge and understanding of local government, become better writer and learn new skills.”
Arguezo has developed an ambitious project list this summer. She has written and will continue to take ownership of Kane County’s first-ever Summer Events Guide, augmenting its content and providing regular updates to keep you informed on the very cool stuff that’s happening in Kane County communities.
- If your community has an upcoming event of countywide interest, send a link, text and image to Kane County Connects summer intern Allison Arguezo at allisonarguezo
Arguezo also hopes to continue the successful Spotlight on Kane County Communities series begun last year by Sengstock and Kramer.
Kane County Connects internships are voluntary, unpaid positions, designed for work experience and/or academic credit, and do not impact Kane County taxpayers. If you are interested in an internship opportunity, contact Kane County Connects Editor Rick Nagel at email@example.com.
In additional to the story series, the KC Connects interns will:
- Brainstorm story ideas that will help grow KCC’s audience.
- Learn to aggregate content and edit news releases.
- Write and post articles on the KCC blog.
- Take photos/videos and include them in their posts.
- On occasion, build or help build the KCC e-newsletter on Constant Contact.
Read More ‘Spotlight’ Stories
- SPOTLIGHT ON ALGONQUIN: Scenic Beauty, Economic Growth Set ‘The Green City’ Apart
- SPOTLIGHT ON BURLINGTON: ‘Small-Town America With a Big, Big Heart’
- SPOTLIGHT ON AURORA: New Mayor Hopes to Bring Innovation To ‘City of Lights’
- SPOTLIGHT ON BIG ROCK: Improving the Quality of Life in Rural Kane County
- SPOTLIGHT ON ELBURN: A ‘One of a Kind’ Town
- SPOTLIGHT ON ST. CHARLES: New Development Projects Bring Vitality to ‘Pride of the Fox’
- SPOTLIGHT ON WEST DUNDEE: Village Renovates Downtown, Revitalizes Spring Hill Mall
- SPOTLIGHT ON GENEVA: ‘The Place To Escape To’ This Summer
- SPOTLIGHT ON ELGIN: Citizen Voices Truly Count With ‘City in the Suburbs’
- SPOTLIGHT ON SLEEPY HOLLOW: Rural Village Adds Car Dealership, Retail on Route 72
- SPOTLIGHT ON EAST DUNDEE: New Shops, Theme Park Put Small Town on the Map
- SPOTLIGHT ON NORTH AURORA: New Zip Line Means a New Image For Little Village