Food Bank Offers Free ‘Meals on The Move’ at 6 Aurora Locations
Meals on the Move is a mobile meals route that provides FREE and nutritious boxed lunches to children and teens ages 18 and under as part of Northern Illinois Food Bank’s Summer Meals Program, which is offered in partnership with the USDA’s Summer Food Service Program and administered by the Illinois State Board of Education.
The Food Bank’s van will visit six conveniently-located Aurora parks for 30 minutes each between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. every weekday (Monday-Friday) from June 11 through Aug. 10.
The daily meal schedule will be as follows:
- 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – Lebanon Park (Parker & Douglas)
- noon to 12:30 p.m. – McCarty Park (New York & Park Place)
- 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Blackhawk Park (Blackhawk & Galena)
- 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Arrow Wood Park (Commonwealth & Golden Oaks)
- 3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. – Copley Park 2 (End of Beach Street)
- 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. – William V. Plum Park (Grand & Plum)
Activities at Meals on the Move Sites
The Meals on the Move van is lucky enough to Partner with Aurora Public Library’s bookmobile and the Fox Valley Park District’s Neighborhood Art Program to provide books and activities! Their schedules are as follows:
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays at Blackhawk Park
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays — Copley Park
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesdays — Arrow Wood Park
- 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Thursdays — Lebanon Park
- 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Thursdays — Plum Park
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays — Blackhawk Park
Please be sure to join this group to receive real-time updates/notifications about meal delivery times and activities.
For questions or more information, visit https://solvehungertoday.org/mealsonthemove or contact Jessica Willis at email@example.com or 630-443-6910, Ext. 144.