Aurora Hosts Free June 30 Electronics Recycling Event For Residents Only
All items are free to recycle, including televisions, but registration is required.
Due to the high demand for service:
- The event is open to Aurora residents only. ID is required.
- All residents MUST register for a time slot online at https://tinyurl.com/
AuroraRecycles or by calling 630-256-4636. Space is limited per hour.
- Each car is limited to five items in total, including two total screens — either television OR computer screen.
- Only approved household items and electronics will be accepted.
- Cars should enter from Cedar Street via Lake Street. Signage will be posted in the area.
The following electronics will be accepted: cables, cable boxes, cameras, cash registers, cell phones, copiers, cords, DVD players, fax machines, keyboards, laptops, printers (and cartridges), projectors, radios, satellite dishes, stereos, typewriters, VCRs, video games.
The following household items will be accepted: blenders, bread makers, carpet sweepers, coffee makers, clocks, curling irons, electric knives, electric toothbrushes, fans, fryers, hair cutters, hair dryers, heaters, holiday lights, irons, land line phones, metal tools, mixers, remotes, shaving equipment, toaster ovens, and vacuum cleaners (without bags).
Items Not Accepted
The following items will note be accepted: large appliances (refrigerators, dish washers, stoves, washers, dryers), air conditioners, ballasts, bare CRT tubes, capacitors, dehumidifiers, household batteries (AA, AAA, D, C, Lithium), light bulbs, liquids, microwaves, salvaged units, smoke detectors, VHS cassette tapes and medical equipment (any material that is considered or has come in contact with biohazard or radioactive material).
Again, residents must register for a time slot:
SOURCE: city of Aurora news release