POW! Oh, Mandy, How Happy You’ll Make Me!
“Morning, just another day; Happy people pass my way
Looking in their eyes; I see a memory
I never realized; How happy you made me, oh Mandy”
— “Mandy” (Lyrics by Scott David English)
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photographs by Lorena Page.
The above lyrics could very well have been written about Mandy, KCAC’s 10-month-old gray domestic shorthair who is one of the sweetest cats we’ve ever had at the shelter.
Found as a stray, Mandy enjoys watching people who come to visit the cat room. As she watches them watch her, it’s easy to tell that she can’t wait until they come around to the door and enter the room. That’s when she engages her purr machine and puts her best paw forward.
If they should happen to pick her up (and why wouldn’t they?), she hugs them around the neck and encourages as much petting and scratching of her entire body as possible. Cuddling with a capital C is her all-day, everyday job, and she puts her heart and soul into it.
On her quest to permanently stamp herself on your memory, she will hold up her end of the conversation without breaking a sweat. Not one to keep her opinions to herself, she makes sure that no one who enters the cat room goes home without a little bit of “good ole Mandy wisdom.”
Mandy gets along with other cats, but her main focus is making sure her soon-to-be adoptive forever family not spend another day without her.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! Adopting Chocolate Rabbit Margo Is Like Winning Olympic Gold
- POW! Beautiful, Chatty Omelette Just Needs Someone To Listen
- POW! This Beautiful Big Rock Boy Is a Real People Person … er, Cat
- POW! Get Your Easter Bunny (AKA Luna) Early This Year!
- POW! My Name Is Lily, And I’m Just Looking For a Family To Love
- POW! Adopt Chance The Dog!
- POW! Easter Might Be Over, But You Can Still Get A Bunny!
- POW! ‘Lofty’ Longhair Sid Is More Than Just a Cat
- POW! Ixnay on The Ogday (Schroeder Doesn’t Know He’s a Dog)
- POW! Logan Has Warm Paws And a Cold Nose, Just For YOU!
- POW! Mickleson Is Tiny And Mighty Sweet!
- POW! Sage The Siberian Husky Loves To Play!
- POW! Be Ready To Giggle When You Meet Rakki
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.