Bulldogs Unleashed ‘Foster Dogs’ Revealed May 11
Bulldogs Unleashed, partnering with Batavia MainStreet and the Batavia Chamber of Commerce are welcoming foster dogs to Batavia this Friday.
The four-month foster dog promotion focuses on the tabletop 17-inch-size bulldog statues with in-store promotions at 10 Batavia business locations, where the public can purchase raffle tickets to be the “forever owner” of these one-of-a-kind hand painted pups.
All foster dogs are being raffled off at the Sept. 15 Bulldogs Unleashed auction with proceeds benefiting Bulldogs Unleashed three partner non-profits: the Batavia Foundation for Educational Excellence, Batavia Library Foundation, and the Batavia Parks Foundation.
Eight of the 10 dogs are available for the public to meet at the Second Fridays event from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, May 11.
Ten locations are selling raffle tickets for a chance to win the adorable adoptables for $10 each or three chances for $25.
A check payable to “Batavia Parks Foundation” or cash is accepted at any of the 10 locations in downtown Batavia between May 11 and Sept. 4.
Raffles also will be sold at the Flag Day festival on June 10, Farmers’ Markets on June 30, July 28 and Aug. 25, Windmill City Fest and at the Sept. 15 auction event.
May 11 Foster Dog Reveal
- Batavia Family Dental, 109 S. Batavia Ave: “Liberty” by Sarah Engel — Grand Opening From 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Beardsgaard Barbers, 117 S. Batavia Ave: “Barbershop Dog” and “Pop Art” by Lindsey Roussel
- Kiss the Sky, 180 W. First St: “Artie” and “Rex” by Joseph Gagnepain
- The Tea Tree, 29 N. River St: “(State) Champ” by Sharon Sychta and “Prairie Dog” by Claire Sychta
- Urban Style Salon and Spa, 3 E. Wilson St: “Night and Day” by Amanda Pijnappels
Not open for Second Fridays, but stop by starting May 12:
- All Spoked Up, 3 Webster St.: “Rex” by Joseph Gagnepain
- Chapters Coffeehouse, 10 S. Batavia Ave.: “Foodie” by Katie Drum
- Funway, 1335 S. River Road: “PopArt Dog” by Lindsey Roussel
- DeCarlo Salon and Spa, 139 S. Batavia Ave.: “Prairie Dog” by Claire Sychta
- Hollis Jewelers, 147 S. Randall Road: “Riverwalk Rover” by Rebecca Allen
You can also visit the Bulldogs Unleashed table at the Batavia Farmers’ Market the last Saturdays in June, July and August to see all the designs, purchase raffle tickets, merchandise and tickets to the Sept. 15 auction event. More information is available online at www.bulldogsunleashed.org or by contacting Britta McKenna at email@example.com.
BULLDOGS UNLEASHED 2018 SCHEDULE
- May 11: “Foster Dogs” – Batavia 2nd Fridays Arts Walk
- May 11 – Labor Day – Summer Foster Dog Passport Promotion – available at all 10 Foster Dog business locations
- June 10: Flag Day Bulldogs Unleashing – Batavia Riverwalk/Peg Bond Center – 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- July 13: “Puppy Show” – 2nd Fridays Arts Walk (Batavia City Hall, Council Chambers, Windmill City Fest, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Aug. 10: “Dog Walk” – Batavia 2nd Fridays Arts Walk (map of dogs on streets and foster locations, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Sept. 15: Bulldogs Unleashed Auction
WINDMILL CITY FEST TO HOST PUPPY SHOW: All puppy owners are invited to decorate or paint their Bulldogs Unleashed pup and enter it in the Windmill City Fest “Parade of Puppies,” where the decorated puppies are on display during the July festival, eligible to win “Best of Show” awards (under 18 and adult categories).
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS: Keep up with the project via Facebook (BataviaBulldogsUnleashed), Twitter(@BulldogsUn), and Instagram(BulldogsUn) as well the website, www.bulldogsunleashed.org.
About Bulldogs Unleashed
Bulldogs Unleashed is brought to Batavia by the collaboration of three community foundations: Batavia Foundation for Educational Excellence, Batavia Library Foundation and Batavia Parks Foundation. Three Foundations organized to provide assistance to the Public Schools, Public Library, and Public Parks.
Bulldogs Unleashed is a public art exhibit that will enlighten, entertain, and brighten our community from Memorial Day through Labor Day 2018. At the same time will provide financial resources to important community foundations, which will be reinvestrd for the benefit of the citizens of Batavia.
The project will conclude with a community celebration and auction in September 2018. Please enjoy the Bulldogs and look for ways to get involved. Be an Artist, be a Sponsor, come to the auction, participate in partner events throughout the year, invite your friends and family to town to find all the bulldogs and enjoy the hospitality of Batavia.