‘Sell 2 Kane’: County Seeks Contractor For Fiber Optics Installation
- Editor’s Note: The following is a news release from Kane County’s Purchasing Department posts bids, posted here so that local businesses have an opportunity to take part in the bidding process. Click this link to learn more about Purchasing Department bids and proposals.
Kane County’s Information Technology Department is seeking to retain the services of a certified and qualified contractor for the purpose of performing fiber optic cable installation, trouble-shooting and repair services at various locations throughout Kane County.
The deadline to submit a bid is April 18.
The contract desired by Kane County is for a full service fiber optic support services provider as established by the bid specifications. The bid will establish hourly rates for personnel and equipment, and new material markup percentage. This is a prevailing wage bid that requires a bid bond to be included with bid responses.
The Scope of Work for Fiber Optic Support Services consists of the following:
- Installation and termination
- Troubleshoot, then repair as needed
- Testing and maintenance.
- Provide JULIE location response and identification services
- All services shall be in compliance with accepted industry standards.
In order to ensure that the county’s infrastructure is built properly, all fiber infrastructure projects of any size will be coordinated and approved through the Kane County Information Technologies Department.
It is the intention of Kane County to make a single award to the most responsive and responsible bidder providing the lowest pricing. Kane County reserves the right to make multiple awards if it is in the best interest of the county to do so.
Contractor qualifications and requirements are detailed in the bid documents. Interested vendors can obtain the bid documents by completing the Vendor Registration Form (found on the County Bids link of the County’s home page website) and email to the Kane County Purchasing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bid responses are due on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 prior to 2:00 p.m. in the Purchasing Department located at the Kane County Government Center, 719 S. Batavia Ave., Building A, Room 210, 212 or 214, Geneva, Illinois 60134. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondaynthrough Friday.
About the Kane County Purchasing Department
Kane County’s national-award-winning Purchasing Department assists all County departments in the purchasing of required goods and services in conformance with the Illinois Compiled Statutes and the Kane County Purchasing Ordinance.
Purchasing is responsible for writing of Bid Specifications and Requests for Proposals for a broad range of commodities and services such as vehicles, cleaning services, janitorial products, copy machines, office supplies, paper, construction projects and professional services. For more information, visit the Kane County Purchasing Department website.
SOURCE: Kane County Purchasing Department
- How Your Business Can Do Business With Kane County, IL
- Kane County’s Fiber Optics Network Connects Judson University Students
- 2016 Leaders Summit Rockets Kane Into Digital Age