POW! Logan Has Warm Paws And a Cold Nose, Just For YOU!
“If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon our favorite cat, they, too, would purr.”
– Martin Buxbaum, poet
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photographs by Lorena Page.
Is there something missing in your life?
Has it been too long since you’ve experienced the soft touch of a warm paw in the morning or the kiss of a cold nose on the side of your face? Do you have happy memories of your favorite feline giving you those quick licks on the back of your hand that felt like sandpaper, but made you love him even more?
Are you willing to give an older, shy little boy the patience and time he will need to earn his trust in you?
If you answered “yes” to any or all of these questions, then Logan, a 10-year-old domestic shorthair ebony cat with translucent green eyes has been waiting for you! An owner surrender, along with his housemate, Tucker, Logan is such a sweet little man that loves to be cuddled and petted.
Once he knows you’re willing to give him all the love and caring he’s been missing since he was given up by his owners, he will meld into your family and it will seem as though he was there from the very beginning.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25. Luna’s adoption fee, as mentioned above, is $20.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! For Valentine’s Day, Bubbs Just Wants a Little Love
- POW! Adopting Chocolate Rabbit Margo Is Like Winning Olympic Gold
- POW! Beautiful, Chatty Omelette Just Needs Someone To Listen
- POW! This Beautiful Big Rock Boy Is a Real People Person … er, Cat
- POW! Get Your Easter Bunny (AKA Luna) Early This Year!
- POW! My Name Is Lily, And I’m Just Looking For a Family To Love
- POW! Adopt Chance The Dog!
- POW! Easter Might Be Over, But You Can Still Get A Bunny!
- POW! ‘Lofty’ Longhair Sid Is More Than Just a Cat
- POW! Ixnay on The Ogday (Schroeder Doesn’t Know He’s a Dog)
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.