City of Geneva Considers New Multi-Unit Use For Former Cetron Site
The city of Geneva is considering a new multi-unit development on the former Cetron property on Richards Street.
Plans proposed in 2015 for a 219-unit apartment building did not come to fruition on the 4.5-acre site that once was slated as a new home for the Geneva Public Library. That upscale apartment complex had included an outdoor rooftop pool and sundeck, outdoor kitchen and gardens, resident lounge, Internet café, 24-hour fitness center, off-leash dog run, dog-wash and bicycle kitchen.
The City of Geneva Development Projects map has been updated for a request for a Zoning Map Amendment and Preliminary Planned Unit Development approval to redevelop the property.
The proposal includes:
- Demolition of the existing structures;
- Construction of 16 single-family homes with a shared courtyard area;
- Construction of six townhomes with a shared courtyard area;
- Construction of a three-story mixed-use building containing 4,800 square feet of retail space and 20 apartments; and
- Construction of a bike path connecting West State Street to Peyton Street.
Plans were reviewed by the Historic Preservation Commission at its March 20 meeting. The commission made recommendations to minimize the height of the proposed townhome building and to increase the landscape setback along the east property line of the townhome site.
A Geneva Plan Commission public hearing date is to be determined.
- Applicant: Streetscape Development, LLC
- Contract Purchaser: Karis Capital LLC
- Location: 7 Richards St., 17/19 Richards St. (Ward 1)
SOURCE: city of Geneva Development Projects map