St. Charles Police: Zero DUI Arrest During Holiday Traffic Safety Enforcement
The St. Charles Police Department completed the Christmas/New Year’s Mobilization campaign associated with the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program. Officers assigned to this detail made:
- Zero DUI arrests
- Issued 4 Uninsured Motorist citations
- Issued 1 citation for Other violations
- Issued 21 Warning citations.
The goal of this program is to reduce the frequency and severity of injury related crashes. This campaign was part of the statewide “Click It or Ticket” and the “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” programs.
St. Charles Officers also worked to slow traffic in the downtown area throughout the Christmas/New Year’s Holiday. Between Monday, Dec. 18, and Tuesday, Jan. 2, 26 traffic stops were made in the downtown area:
- 2 Possession of Cannabis
- 1 Alcohol: Illegal Transportation
- 2 Electronic Communication Device (Cell Phone) While Driving.
- 1 Vehicle Seizure and Impoundments
- 7 Speeding
- 6 No Valid License
- 5 Operating Uninsured Motor Vehicle
- 2 Various Other Violations
SOURCE: city of St. Charles news release