Spate Of Car Burglaries Continues — This Time in Aurora
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays car thieves from the swift completion of stealing items from unlocked vehicles or those left in plain view.
Police departments throughout Kane County continue to report car burglaries at a regular pace in spite of the winter weather.
Here’s the latest list of burglaries from motor vehicles in Aurora. All vehicles mentioned here were unlocked unless otherwise indicated, and there’s no specific suspect descriptions.
“It’s the latest illustration of the importance of locking your vehicles and either taking valuables with you or ditching them out of plain site,” Aurora Police Spokesman Dan Ferrelli said. “Many of these incidents are related and many, we’re quite certain, committed by the same person or people.”
Ferrelli asks residents to call 911 immediately if you see anything suspicious occurring in your neighborhood.
Aurora West Side
- Between 2:30 a.m. and 7 a.m. Jan. 23, loose change worth $50 was taken from a vehicle in the 400 block of Northpark Avenue.
- Between 7 p.m. Jan. 22 and 6 a.m. Jan. 23, a camera and other items were taken from a vehicle in the 800 block of North View Street. There was no loss estimate available.
- Between 2 p.m. and 3:15 p.m. Jan. 23, cell phone chargers were stolen from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Grand Avenue. No value was listed for the chargers.
- Between 9 p.m. Jan. 21 and 8 a.m. Jan. 22, cash and clothing worth $570 were stolen from a vehicle in the 800 block of Foran Lane.
- Between 8:30 p.m. Jan. 21 and 7:20 a.m. Jan. 22, prescription medicine worth a reported $14 was taken from a vehicle in the 300 block of Ingleside. A second vehicle was entered, but nothing taken.
- Between 11 p.m. Jan. 19 and 9 a.m. Jan. 20, jewelry worth $600 was taken from a vehicle in the 500 block of Florida Avenue.
- Between 2:30 p.m. Jan. 18 and 10:30 a.m. Jan. 19, a backpack and its contents worth $125 was taken from a vehicle in the 2500 block of Chatham Circle.
- Between 7 p.m. Jan. 18 and 5:30 a.m. Jan. 19, electronics and a garage door opener worth $80 were taken from a car parked in the 2400 block of Tracy Lane. A second unlocked car was also entered but nothing taken.
- Between 5 p.m. Jan. 17 and 9:30 a.m. Jan. 18, shoes and sports equipment worth around $220 were stolen from a vehicle in the 800 block of Hammond.
- Between 3:50 a.m. and 4:15 a.m., electronics and other items worth $245 were taken from a vehicle in the 400 block of Spruce.
Aurora Far East Side
- Between 5 p.m. Jan. 21 and 7:10 a.m. Jan. 22, medical equipment worth about $425 was taken from a car in in the 3900 block of Paradise Canyon Court. One of the vehicle’s windows was smashed.
- Between 9 p.m. Jan. 21 and 7:30 a.m. Jan. 22, someone smashed a vehicle’s window in the 4000 block of Broadmoor Circle. and took a purse and wallet worth around $650.
- Between 10 p.m. Jan. 21 and 6 a.m. Jan. 22, ammunition and a car stereo worth $484 were stolen from a vehicle in the 800 block of Teasal Lane.
- Between 10 p.m. Jan. 20 and 3 a.m. Jan. 21, someone broke into several locked tool boxes in the bed of a pickup truck parked in the 1500 block of Monarch Circle and swiped about $1,400 worth of tools.
- Between 8:30 p.m. Jan. 18 and 9:30 a.m. Jan. 19, a wallet and credit cards were taken from a vehicle in the 300 block of Pinecrest Court.
Aurora East Side
- Around 8:15 p.m. Jan. 19, an $800 cell phone was swiped from a vehicle in the 1700 block of North Farnsworth.
- Between noon Jan. 19 and noon Jan. 20, sports equipment and other items worth $420 were taken from a vehicle in the first block of South Broadway.
- Between 6:05 p.m. and 6:20 p.m. Jan. 11, a wallet with cash and identification items worth $170 were taken from a vehicle in the 200 block of North Fourth Street.
SOURCE: Aurora Police Department Facebook Page