POW! The Force Is Strong In Handsome Kylo
“Cats sleep anywhere, any table, any chair, top of piano, window-ledge, in the middle, on the edge.”
– Eleanor Farjeon, English children’s literature author
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control. Additional photos by Lorena Page Photography.
His namesake is that of Kylo Ren, the dark lord from the Star Wars blockbuster first introduced in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
The staff just calls him Kylo, and other than they both happen to wear black, the similarities between the fictional character who lives on the dark side and KCAC’s 2-year-old male domestic shorthair ends there.
Kylo is an 11-pound big baby boy with the most beautiful emerald green eyes ever placed in a feline. His black fur gives him a sleek panther look although he’s more of a play baby that enjoys getting picked up and hugged. He even gives hugs, and will wrap himself around your neck and purr gently into your ear.
He certainly isn’t the strong silent type, either, because he is extremely talkative and loves having an audience. In fact, if you don’t feel like saying anything, he’s perfectly willing to hold up both ends of the conversation.
Are you ready to bring this sweet boy into the light for the New Year?
Congratulations to Pumpkin, the grand dame of the cat room who, at 15-years-old, found her forever home. We are so happy for you, Pumpkin! Live long and prosper!
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150. The adoption fee for cockatiels is $25.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! You Don’t Have To Break Any Eggs To Enjoy Omelette!
- POW! Bert The Shih Tzu By Any Other Name Would Be As Sweet
- POW! Howie The Kitten Is Faster Than a Speeding Chipmunk
- POW! One Look And You Can See Why He’s Named Romeo
- POW! Outgoing, Sweet Hopper Can Hardly Wait For His Forever Family!
- POW! You Can Call Me Flower If You Want To
- POW! WHen You Pet Charlie, ‘You’ll Know What Happiness Is’
- POW! Majestic, People-Loving Snowball Is One Great Pyrenees
- POW! Sleek, Mysterious, Cuddly, Elegant, Beautiful Tucker
- POW! Sammie Has a Face That Could Launch A Thousand Ships
- POW! Take Home This Sweet Cane For The Holidays!
- POW! Spend The New Year With Nebula and Gamora
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.