Longmeadow Parkway Right of Way Prep Starts in Dundee Township
Starting this week (Jan. 29, 2018), right of way preparation and tree removal will begin along the Longmeadow Parkway Corridor from east of White Chapel Lane to IL Roue 31 and along IL Route 31 in unincorporated Dundee Township.
During the work, there may be temporary single lane closures with flaggers directing traffic. Construction work hours will be from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. This work is anticipated to take approximately two weeks to complete, weather permitting.
The work is being done in advance of the roadway improvements that will start in spring 2018.
The above-mentioned roads will remain open during the removals, but may be reduced to one lane of travel using temporary daily lane closures. Motorists should expect delays while traveling through the work areas and may want to add additional time to their commutes and consider the use of alternate routes while this work is being completed.
KDOT reminds drivers that it is illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving through a highway construction work zone.
Questions and concerns may be directed to Dave Boesch 630-845-7875. For all Kane County traffic advisories, see the KODT Traffic Alerts page.
- Longmeadow Parkway Right-of-Way Prep Moves to Barrington Hills Starting Jan. 22
- Longmeadow Parkway From Huntley/Boyer Road to White Chapel Lane Open to Traffic
- KDOT December Update: LMP, Randall Road, And a Sneak Peek At 2018
- 2 New Traffic Signals Going Up On Longmeadow Parkway
- KDOT November Roadwork Update: 2017 Finishing Touches For Longmeadow, Bliss