Top 10 Stories of 2017: Elections, Crime, Recycling, Property Taxes
Ironically, what might end up as the most read story of 2017 didn’t make our top 10 list.
The saga of property-tax prepayments, in the wake of late-in-the-year tax reform started after we began counting down the the top 10 of the year, and so wasn’t included in our list. But that story has 15,165 page views as of 8:45 a.m. Friday (Dec. 29, 2017), and is the No. 3 most-read story of the year “with a bullet,” as they might say in the music industry.
Here’s a recap of the top 10 most-read articles of 2017.
2017 Top Stories Countdown
- No 10: Bizarre Residential Shooting Report in St. Charles
- No. 9: Which Townships Have The Highest, Lowest Property Taxes?
- No. 8: Six Things You THINK You Can Recycle … But Can’t
- No. 7: Where Shootings Related To Fatal Crash Near Tollway Ramp?
- No. 6: Where To Find Parades and Fireworks in Kane County, IL
- No. 5: A Fatal Gunshot Mystery Solved
- No: 4: Honoring Our Veterans
- No. 3: Ever-Changing Trick-Or-Treat Hours
- No. 2: How To Tell If Your Eclipse Glasses Are Safe
- No. 1 April 17 Election Results