Top 10 KCC Stories of 2017 — No. 6: Fourth of July Parades And Fireworks
- Editor’s Note: This is the fifth in a series counting down the top 10 Kane County Connects stories of 2017.
One of the services Kane County Connects provides readers is a one-stop shop for events and public information that you might not otherwise find.
We post “roundup” stories of Kane County area events and holiday happenings throughout the year for a number of reasons — to promote tourism and local chambers of commerce, encourage citizen participation, boost outreach efforts of Kane County communities, help foster a sense of countywide connectedness and, along the way, give you another reason to visit the Kane County Connects blog or subscribe to our daily or weekly e-newsletter.
It’s a win-win-win-win-win-win …
No. 6: Everybody Loves a Parade
Honestly, is there anything more American than a Fourth of July parade and fireworks display?
This year, we celebrated our nation’s 241st birthday in a big way in Kane County, IL. This article was published in late June and updated several times. It was viewed by 6,591 folks and previewed big events taking place in 12 Kane County communities.
Want to keep up with what’s happening in Kane County in 2018? The best way is to subscribe to our daily e-newsletter.
Traditionally, we do roundup and single-event stories on topics including, but not limited to, what’s closed and what’s open for multiple holidays during the year, the various festivals and big events happening in communities throughout Kane County, and news you can use, such as when daylight saving time starts and ends and Halloween Trick-Or-Treat hours for every community in Kane County.
Kane County Connects is a different kind of government outreach, focusing not so much on the stuff that government wants you tell you but stuff you want to know, as a service to you and your community.
2017 Top Stories Countdown
- Friday — No 10: Bizarre Residential Shooting Report in St. Charles
- Monday — No. 9: Which Townships Have The Highest, Lowest Property Taxes?
- Tuesday — No. 8: Six Things You THINK You Can Recycle … But Can’t
- Wednesday — No. 7: Where Shootings Related To Fatal Crash Near Tollway Ramp?
- TODAY — No. 6: Where To Find Parades and Fireworks in Kane County, IL
- Coming Thursday — No. 5: A Fatal Gunshot Mystery Solved
WANT TO SEE YOUR STORY ON KANE COUNTY CONNECTS?