Section of Mountain Street in Aurora Closed Through Dec. 15

Section of Mountain Street in Aurora Closed Through Dec. 15

The section of Mountain Street between Farnsworth Avenue and McClure Road will be closed to traffic until 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15.

As part of the Farnsworth Avenue Improvement Project, a new water main is being installed.

During the closure, motorists can use Sheffer Road and McClure Road to access locations in the immediate area.

Farnsworth Avenue Improvements

​Farnsworth Avenue will be improved from Sheffer Road to Mountain Street including the installation of new water main, storm sewer, replacement of the triple culverts at Indian Creek with a new pre-cast deck beam bridge, raising of the street profile to alleviate flooding, roadway reconstruction and resurfacing.

  • Start: June 2017
  • ​End: Fall 2018
  • Agency:  City of Aurora
  • ​Cost: ​Total Phase III construction and engineering cost of nearly $4.5 million.  The city’s share of 20 percent or approximately $900,000 will be from Aurora’s Motor Fuel Tax Funds, and the remaining 80 percent are from Federal Bridge Funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
  • Traffic: Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction for most of the construction. Motorists should expect delays and may wish to seek alternate routes.

Click here for an interactive map of current Aurora construction projects.

SOURCE: city of Aurora news release, website