Elgin Image Award Nominations Accepted Through Jan. 24
Elgin’s Image Advisory Commission is seeking nominations for its prestigious Image Awards, which recognizes individuals, businesses and organizations that have had a positive impact on Elgin. Nomination forms are currently available at cityofelgin.org/imageawards,
The deadline to submit nominations is Jan. 24, 2018.
Winners are selected by members of the Image Advisory Commission, and will be honored at the annual Image Awards event scheduled for March 15, 2018 at The Centre of Elgin, 100 Symphony Way. Event details will be available as the event nears.
Awards are warranted by accomplishments and available to all ages in five categories: individual professional; individual volunteer; projects, such as special events, fundraising projects and neighborhood improvements; organizations or businesses; and citizenship. Click to see a list of past winners.
- Individual/Professional – Applicants must demonstrate that their individual nominee has made a significant contribution to the improvement of Elgin’s image as a professional.
- Individual/Volunteer – Applicants must demonstrate that their individual nominee has made a significant contribution to the improvement of Elgin’s image as a volunteer.
- Projects – Applicants may nominate a specific community project that has helped improve Elgin’s image over the last year.
- Organizations/Businesses – Applicants may nominate an organization or business that has helped significantly improve Elgin’s image.
- Citizenship Award – This award is designed to recognize individuals whose outstanding activities and efforts exemplify the meaning of citizenship.
Please note the categories are used as a guide. The image Advisory Commission reserves the right to give out awards at their discretion. Awards may or may not be given out in each category.
Nestled along the banks of the Fox River, Elgin, Illinois is approximately 38 miles northwest of downtown Chicago and is home to over 108,000 people. The growing city enjoys ready access to public transportation, diverse housing stock and a mix of commercial establishments. Many national and international businesses have taken advantage of Elgin’s close proximity to the Elgin-O’Hare Tollway and to the “Golden Corridor of Technology and Commerce” along Interstate-90. A recent recipient of the Governor’s Hometown Award, Elgin features a nationally acclaimed library system, an array of healthcare options, and educational opportunities for all ages. Residents and visitors enjoy a thriving cultural arts community, world-class parks, historical museums and over 200 places of worship. This vibrant, diverse community is a registered Cities of Service to recognize its volunteer-rich community and history of civic engagement.