Pumpkin Weekends Throughout October at Blackberry Farm – 11 Days In All!
Blackberry Farm will celebrate the fall season throughout the month of October with its popular Pumpkin Weekends beginning Saturday, Sept. 30.
Each weekend – and Columbus Day (Oct. 9) – Blackberry Farm will be festively decorated in the spirit of pumpkin season. A picnic area will have pumpkins for purchase, and an assortment of decorating materials will be provided.
Carousel rides, hay wagon rides, pony rides, paddle boats, Little Farmer’s Junction (6Y & under) and tours on the “Pumpkin Train” are part of each weekend’s festivities, along with the historic museums and interactive farm animal areas.
Among the unique attractions is the Victorian Halloween Party that traces back to the origins of Halloween with an event host leading crafts and games. Hosted in the Huntoon House, it’s a ghoulish balance of scary and fun.
Other popular features include the Corn Crib – similar to a large sandbox, but filled with corn – where children can roll and wriggle, farm style. Also, there’s the famous Adventure Playground, a uniquely innovative play area that incorporates climbing decks, slides, ropes and catwalk-style bridges connecting an array of playhouses on multiple levels – and a 70-foot zip line.
Park hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Admission is $7 per person. Children under 2 are free.
“Pumpkin Weekends originated as a fall festival day, but it was so popular that we expanded it to include every weekend,” said Sandie Gilmer, facility supervisor at Blackberry Farm. “This is such a fun time of year that we want to make the season last just a little longer.”
Special attractions will be featured throughout the month, including:
- Sept. 30: Professional Storyteller, One-Room Schoolhouse, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Oct. 7: Fox Valley Concert Band, picnic area 1, 2 p.m.
- Oct. 8: Pumpkin carver, town square, 1 to 2 p.m.
- Oct. 14: Superhero Day, picnic area 4, noon to 3 p.m.
- Oct. 21: Trick or Treat, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Oct. 21: Costume Parade (led by farm ponies), Events Plaza, 1 p.m.
- Oct. 29: World’s Tallest Scarecrow, 2 to 3 p.m.
Pumpkin Weekends at Blackberry Farm
- Dates: Sept. 30/Oct. 1, Oct. 7-8-9 (Columbus Day), Oct. 14-15, Oct. 21-22 and Oct. 28-29.
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily
- Admission: $7 per person (under 2 free).