KDOT September Update: Longmeadow Gets Paving, Bliss Done This Fall
- Each month, the Kane County Division of Transportation provides the county’s Transportation Committee with an update on roadwork throughout the county and a look ahead at the project scope and duration. Here’s a summary of the September 2017 report, with text and images provided by KDOT. The full report can be seen on the Kane County Transportation Committee Sept. 19 agenda packet, starting on Page 101.
Longmeadow Parkway Paved
The majority of the new westbound concrete lanes of the new Longmeadow Parkway from Randall Road to Karen Drive have been paved in the past weeks and the contractor is currently working on Sleepy Hollow and Randall road pavement.
Work in the coming weeks will involve retaining wall and preparation to switch traffic onto new pavement to allow crews room to demo and excavate the east bound lanes of Longmeadow Parkway. Anticipated completion date is November 2017.
Bliss Road Could Be Done This Fall
Bliss Road over Blackberry Creek bridge replacement – Crews are working on the abutments for northbound traffic in preparation for steel beams and deck pour later in the month. The anticipated completion date is fall 2017.
Stearns Road Traffic Signal Improvement
Work continues on testing the Dynamic Message Signs for the Stearns Road Traffic Signal Improvement project which includes a Weather Station, and fiber optic equipment.
Final network configuration, testing and staff training for the new system are ongoing and completion is anticipated for Fall 2017.
Plank Road Done
The Plank Road Over Tributary to Burlington Creek Culvert replacement was completed ahead of schedule and is open to traffic.
KDOT Projects, Links
- Traffic Alerts
- Fox River Bridges
- Stearns Road
- Longmeadow Parkway
- Montgomery Road Study
- Randall Road Highway Safety Improvement Project
- Kirk Road over the Union Pacific RR
- Randall at U.S. Route 20/Weld Road
- Dauberman Road Extension
- Bunker Road Extension
- Bliss/Main/Fabyan Intersection Realignment
- KDOT August Update: Longmeadow Progress, Half Bliss Bridge Done, Plank Completed
- KDOT July Roadwork: Full Steam Ahead For LMP Storm Sewers, Bliss Bridge Replacement, Plank Road Culvert
- KDOT June Construction Update: Longmeadow Parkway Continues to Move Forward
- KDOT Road Construction Update: May 2017
Work Zone Safety Alert
Drivers in this project area should be prepared to reduce their speed, exercise caution, watch for construction workers and construction vehicles entering or leaving the site, and obey flaggers and other traffic control devices within the work zone.
Drivers should expect delays and may want to add additional time to their commutes and consider the use of alternate routes while this work is completed.
Kane County reminds drivers that is illegal to talk on a cell phone or text while driving through a highway construction work zone. The minimum penalty for speeding in a work zone is $375.
Click this link to find out how Kane County Drivers can “make zero fatalities a reality.”