Kane County Seeking Temporary Employee Services in Various Departments
The County of Kane is accepting proposals from qualified and experienced vendors to provide various types of qualified temporary employee services, upon request for various Kane County department and office locations.
Here’s a rundown of what’s available, courtesy of the Kane County Purchasing Department.
Contractors interested in receiving the bid specifications need to contact the Kane County Purchasing Department to register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temporary Employee Classifications
The following classifications describe the various types of employees most frequently requested by county departments. These are not formal county position titles. The classifications pertain only to temporary employees, and each classification represents a set of skills that might be associated with a range of county positions.
Temporary Employee Providers shall offer their classification of Temporary Employee that best meets the minimum levels as listed below.
- Clerk/Receptionist — Typical duties: Answering multiple phone lines simultaneously, filing, operating a copy machine, sorting, matching reports, opening mail, and greeting the public.
- Clerk/Receptionist/Legal — Typical duties: Same as clerk/receptionist, plus a legal or court background where they have a basic familiarity with legal jargon and procedures.
- Scanning/Filing Clerk — Typical duties: Preparing files for scanning by removing paper clips and staples from documents, arranging documents in same leading edge order, ensuring corners are not torn, removing post-it notes; taping ½ sheets to a full sheet of paper; alphabetizing documents for scanning; filing.
- Data Clerk — data entry, plus proficiency in use of Microsoft Office computer programs.
- Secretary — Typical duties: Answering multiple phone lines simultaneously, data entry, transcriptions. Typing memos, reports, and correspondence from rough drafts will also be required. Must be able to type 40 words per minute and use all types of office equipment. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office computer programs is also required.
- Account Clerk — Typical duties: Performing accounting functions such as reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, input of financial data. The provided temporary worker shall be able to operate personal computers with Microsoft Office computer programs, adding machine/calculator, and copy machines.
- Laborer — Typical duties: Lift up to 75 pounds, loading and unloading of file boxes or other similar items, furniture moving, digging, raking, shoveling and other associated physically demanding outdoor work.
- Driver with CDL — Typical duties: Same as laborer plus must have a valid State of Illinois Commercial Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Community Health Specialist II – Public Health Nurse — The Public Health Nurse provides public health nursing services to individuals, families, and population groups
- Accountant II — Responsible for fiscal operation of the department, which includes bookkeeping, accounts payable, Medicaid and TPS billing.
- Scanning/Data Clerk
- Help Desk
- Desktop Support Technician
- Call Center Personnel
- Customer Service Representatives
This will be a three-year agreement which will begin on the date of award and will have two possible one-year mutually agreed upon extensions. This contract is contingent on the appropriation of sufficient funds; Kane County reserves the right to renegotiate the scope of work to meet its budgetary demands.
All proposals submitted in response to this RFP will be evaluated based on the criteria listed in the proposal packet. A selection committee comprised of various departments will evaluate the proposals submitted. Staff will select the proposal or proposals which are most responsive to the county’s requirements and based on the firm’s ability and appears to be best able to serve the county.
During the evaluation process, the selection committee may, at its discretion, request any one or all contractors to make oral presentations. Such presentations will provide contractors with an opportunity to answer any questions the selection committee may have on a firm’s proposal. Not all contractors may be asked to make such oral presentations.
Proposals shall provide a straight-forward, concise description of the service provider’s capabilities to satisfy the requirements of this RFP. Award will be made to the Vendor or Vendors who represent the best overall quality and value to the county. Proposals will be evaluated with an emphasis on the following criteria:
Provider’s proposed cost, fee schedule & resources available to successfully provide and effectively perform the services specified
|Performance (quality and efficiency) providing temporary staffing services to government agencies.
Describe the method, programs, plans, reports and options covering key elements as stated in the statement of work to successfully provide and perform the services specified and requested.
Verifiable successful experience of the company/organization providing similar services for government agencies with similar job classifications.
|Service availability, ease of process, customer service and convenience.
Availability of qualified and experienced personnel to perform proposed work under the contract requirements.
This refers to the offeror’s previous clients requesting similar services.
Vendors interested in receiving a proposal packet can go to the county’s website to download the registration form to be completed and returned to the Purchasing Department at email@example.com or by fax to 630-208-5107.
Proposal responses are due in the Purchasing Office prior to the 2 p.m. Friday, Sept. 29, 2017, deadline.
SOURCE: Kane County Purchasing Department
About the Kane County Purchasing Department
Kane County’s national-award-winning Purchasing Department assists all County departments in the purchasing of required goods and services in conformance with the Illinois Compiled Statutes and the Kane County Purchasing Ordinance.
Purchasing is responsible for writing of Bid Specifications and Requests for Proposals for a broad range of commodities and services such as vehicles, cleaning services, janitorial products, copy machines, office supplies, paper, construction projects and professional services. For more information, visit the Kane County Purchasing Department website.
SOURCE: Kane County Purchasing Department