Geneva, STC North Homecoming Parades to Close Several Streets
A couple of upcoming Homecoming parades will slow down traffic in Geneva and St. Charles.
Geneva’s is Friday, Sept. 15, and St. Charles North’s is Friday, Sept. 22. Here are the news releases from the city of Geneva and the city of St. Charles, respectively.
Geneva Homecoming Parade to Close Several Streets
Geneva High School students will celebrate Homecoming with their traditional parade Friday, Sept. 15, that will require several streets to be closed for motorists.
State Street (Route 38) between Third and Ninth streets will be shut down at 2 p.m. to accommodate the event. All streets listed on the parade route also will be closed to traffic:
- Geneva High School/Stevens Street east to Anderson Boulevard;
- Anderson Boulevard south to State Street;
- State Street east to Third Street;
- Third Street north to Stevens Street; and
- Stevens Street west to the High School.
A detour route will direct motorists traveling eastbound on State Street to turn south on Ninth Street, east on James Street, north on Third Street and back east on State Street. The directions will be reversed for westbound traffic.
Police officers will be providing traffic control, but motorists should use caution when driving through the downtown due to the large crowd anticipated to attend the parade. The streets are expected to be reopened to drivers after 3:30 p.m.
SOURCE: city of Geneva news release
Roads to Close for St. Charles North Homecoming Parade Sept. 22
The 2017 St. Charles North High School Homecoming Parade will be held on Main Street (Illinois Route 64) at 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 22, 2017. The parade begins at West Main Street and 6th Street traveling east across the Main Street bridge to 2nd Avenue.
- Main Street will be closed between 7th Street and 5th Avenue (Illinois Route 25) beginning at 12:45 p.m.
- Second Street (Illinois Route 31) will be closed between State Street and Illinois Street beginning at 12:45 p.m.
- Main Street (Route 64) traffic will be detoured to Illinois Street during the parade. Truck traffic is encouraged to use Illinois Route 38 as an alternate.
- Second Street (Route 31) traffic will be detoured to 7th Street. Route 31 truck traffic is encouraged to use Randall Road as an alternate.
- South 5th and South 6th streets between Main and Illinois streets will be closed beginning at 11 a.m. for parade staging. Second Avenue between Main Street and Illinois Avenue will be closed beginning at 12:30 p.m. to allow parade units to exit the parade route.
Motorists are urged to use care and to be watchful for pedestrians. Traffic assistance will be provided by Police and Emergency Management personnel stationed throughout the detour route.
Motorists are strongly encouraged to use alternate routes. Traffic delays may be lengthy.
SOURCE: city of St. Charles news release