Aurora Again Ranked As Great Place to Raise a Family
Once again, the City of Lights ranks at the top of a national study.
To determine the most family-friendly places in America, WalletHub’s analysts studied the 150 cities based on 41 key metrics that take into account essential family dynamics, such as the cost of housing, the quality of local school and health-care systems, and the opportunities for fun and recreation.
“The physical environment in which children and families live has significant effects on children’s development,” said Soyeon Park, an associate professor in child and adolescent development at San Francisco State University and a resource expert for WalletHub. “Overall resources like affordable child care, public libraries, parks and recreational facilities that a city offers can make a difference.”
WalletHub’s recognition as the 11th Best City to Raise a Family is the latest in a list of top national rankings for the City of Aurora this year:
- January 2017: LenEDU ranked Aurora the 12th Best City to Start a Family in America
- April 2017: Chicago Magazine named Aurora one of the Best Places to Buy a Home
- May 2017: WalletHub named Aurora as one of Most Diverse Cities in America
- May 2017: SmartAsset ranked Aurora as the No. 1 city to live the American Dream
- July 2017: WalletHub listed Aurora in the Top 20 Best-Run Cities in America
- July 2017: Realtor.com ranked Aurora as the No. 1 city with the Most Affordable Housing Markets and Top-Ranked Elementary Schools in the nation
- August 2017: Vitals named Aurora as the No. 1 city in the nation for Pediatric Health Care
SOURCE: city of Aurora news release