Ta Da! St. Charles Township Property Assessments Publish Aug. 24
St. Charles Township property assessments will be published Thursday, Aug. 24, in the St. Charles edition of the Kane County Chronicle.
If you live in St. Charles Township, and you want to know what the value of your home is as of 2017, this is the list to look at.
It’s also a signal of your opportunity to file a complaint if you feel your property’s assessed value is too high. The final filing deadline for property in St. Charles Township has been set for Sept. 24, 2017.
After all revisions and corrections by the St. Charles Township Assessor’s Office were applied, each non-farm property in St. Charles Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0364. Click here to learn more about equalization factors.
- As mentioned above, assessment complaints for property in St. Charles Township must be filed by Sept. 24, 2017; by state law, no assessment complaints for property in St. Charles Township can be accepted after this date. Click here to learn more about how to file assessment complaints.
- To obtain assessment information about a property in St. Charles Township, please call the Township Assessor’s office or visit the Township Assessor’s website. Click here to find contact information for any township in Kane County.
Filing Deadlines for Assessment Complaints
Again, assessment changes in St. Charles Township will be published Thursday; the final filing deadline for St. Charles Township is Sept. 24, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Aurora Township were published Aug. 16; the final filing deadline for Aurora Township is Sept. 15, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Elgin and Rutland Township were published Aug. 4; the final filing deadline for these townships is Sept. 5, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Geneva Township were published on Aug. 3; the final filing deadline for Geneva Township is Sept. 5, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Blackberry, Burlington, and Kaneville townships were published on July 27; the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 28, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Dundee Township were published on July 25; the final filing deadline for Dundee Township is Aug. 24, 2017.
The final filing deadline for Batavia, Big Rock, Campton, Hampshire, Plato, Sugar Grove, and Virgil townships has passed; by state law, no further assessment complaints can be accepted for these townships.
Assessment Complaint Webinars
The Kane County Board of Review is offering a series of short webinars to assist taxpayers who are thinking about filing an assessment complaint with the board.
Property Tax Quick Links
- Kane County Assessment Office
- Kane County Board of Review Rules and Procedures
- Homestead Exemptions
- Kane County Government
- Kane County Treasurer
- Kane County Clerk
- Illinois Department of Revenue
- Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board
- Illinois Property Tax Code
- Township Assessor Websites