Got Property in Aurora? Township Assessments Publish Wednesday, Aug. 16
If you’re a property owner in Aurora Township, it’s time to take a look at how much yours will be assessed in taxes in the coming year.
The 2017 assessment changes for property in Aurora Township are being published Wednesday, Aug. 16, in the Aurora Beacon-News.
After all revisions and corrections by the Township Assessor were applied, each non-farm property in Aurora Township was equalized with a factor of 1.1666. Click here to learn more about equalization factors.
- Assessment complaints for property in Aurora Township must be filed by Sept. 15, 2017; by state law, no assessment complaints for property in Aurora Township can be accepted after this date. Click here to learn more about how to file assessment complaints.
- To obtain assessment information about a property in Aurora Township, please call the Township Assessor’s office or visit Aurora Township Assessor’s Office website. Click here to find contact information for any township in Kane County.
Filing Deadlines for Assessment Complaints
As mentioned above, assessment changes in Aurora Township will be published Aug. 16; the final filing deadline for this township is Sept. 15, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Elgin and Rutland Township were published Aug. 4; the final filing deadline for these townships is Sept. 5, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Geneva Township were published on Aug. 3; the final filing deadline for Geneva Township is Sept. 5, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Blackberry, Burlington, and Kaneville townships were published on July 27; the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 28, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Dundee Township were published on July 25; the final filing deadline for Dundee Township is Aug. 24, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Campton Township were published on July 20; the final filing deadline for Campton Township is Aug. 21, 2017.
- The final filing deadline for Batavia, Big Rock, Hampshire, Plato, Sugar Grove, and Virgil townships has passed; by state law, no further assessment complaints can be accepted for these townships.
- Assessment changes for St. Charles Township have not yet been published; as of today, no final filing deadline has been established for St. Charles Township.
Assessment Complaint Webinars
The Kane County Board of Review is offering a series of short webinars to assist taxpayers who are thinking about filing an assessment complaint with the board.
Property Tax Quick Links
- Kane County Assessment Office
- Kane County Board of Review Rules and Procedures
- Homestead Exemptions
- Kane County Government
- Kane County Treasurer
- Kane County Clerk
- Illinois Department of Revenue
- Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board
- Illinois Property Tax Code
- Township Assessor Websites