2017 Elgin, Rutland Township Assessments Post Friday, Aug. 4
Heads up if you live in Elgin or Rutland townships!
The 2017 assessment changes for property in Elgin and Rutland townships are being published Friday, Aug. 4, in the Fox Valley Daily Herald.
After all revisions and corrections by the Township Assessor were applied, each non-farm property in Elgin Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0779 and each non-farm property in Rutland Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0504. Click here to learn more about equalization factors.
- Assessment complaints for property in these townships must be filed by Sept. 5, 2017; by state law, no assessment complaints for property in these townships can be accepted after this date. Click here to learn more about how to file assessment complaints.
- To obtain assessment information about a property in these townships, call the township assessor’s office or visit your township assessor’s website. Click here to find contact information for any township in Kane County.
Filing Deadlines for Assessment Complaints
As mentioned above, assessment changes in Elgin and Rutland townships will be published Aug. 4; the final filing deadline for these townships is Sept. 5, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Geneva Township were published today (Aug. 3, 2017); the final filing deadline for Geneva Township is Sept. 5, 2017,
- Assessment changes in Blackberry, Burlington, and Kaneville townships were published on July 27; the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 28, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Dundee Township were published on July 25, 2017; the final filing deadline for this Township is Aug. 24, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Campton Township were published Thursday, July 20, 2017; the final filing deadlines for Campton Township is Aug. 21, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Sugar Grove and Virgil townships were published on July 13, 2017; the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 14, 2017.
- The final filing deadline for Batavia, Big Rock , Hampshire and Plato townships has passed; by state law, no further assessment complaints can be accepted for these townships.
- Assessment changes for Aurora and St. Charles townships have not yet been published; as of today, no final filing deadline has been established for these townships.
Assessment Complaint Webinars
The Kane County Board of Review is offering a series of short webinars to assist taxpayers who are thinking about filing an assessment complaint with the board.
Property Tax Quick Links