Want To Know Sugar Grove, Virgil Township Property Assessments? They Publish Thursday (July 13)
The 2017 assessment changes for property in Sugar Grove Township and Virgil Township are being published Thursday, July 13. The Sugar Grove Township changes are being published in the Sugar Grove Herald, and the Virgil Township changes are being published in the Elburn Herald.
After all revisions and corrections by the Township Assessors were applied, each non-farm property in Sugar Grove Township was equalized with a factor of 1.0461 and each non-farm property in Virgil Township as equalized with a factor of 1.0000. Click here to learn more about equalization factors.
- Assessment complaints for property in these Townships must be filed by August 14, 2017; by state law, no assessment complaints for property in these Townships can be accepted after this date. Click here to learn more about how to file assessment complaints.
- To obtain assessment information about a property in this these Townships, please call the Township Assessor’s office or visit the Township Assessor’s web site. Click here to find contact information for any township in Kane County.
Filing Deadlines for Assessment Complaints
- Assessment changes in Sugar Grove and Virgil townships are being published Thursday. As mentioned above, the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 14, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Hampshire and Plato townships were published on June 30; the final filing deadline for these townships is July 31, 2017.
- Assessment changes in Batavia and Big Rock townships were published on June 29; the final filing deadline for these townships is July 31, 2017.
- Assessment changes for Aurora, Blackberry, Burlington, Campton, Dundee, Elgin, Geneva, Kaneville, Rutland, and St. Charles townships have not yet been published; as of today, no final filing deadline has been established for these Townships.
Learn How to File Assessment Complaints
The Kane County Board of Review is offering a series of short webinars to assist taxpayers who are thinking about filing an assessment complaint with the board.
Property Tax Quick Links
- Kane County Assessment Office
- Kane County Board of Review Rules and Procedures
- Homestead Exemptions
- Kane County Government
- Kane County Treasurer
- Kane County Clerk
- Illinois Department of Revenue
- Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board
- Illinois Property Tax Code
- Township Assessor Websites
Want to See the Previously Published Lists?
|Township||Newspaper||Date Published||Download .pdf|
|Plato||Fox Valley Daily Herald||06/30/2016||Plato.pdf|
|Hampshire||Fox Valley Daily Herald||06/30/2016||Hampshire.pdf|
|Big Rock||Beacon News||06/29/2016||Big Rock.pdf|
|Batavia||Batavia Kane County Chronicle||06/29/2016||Batavia.pdf|
SOURCE: This is a reprint of information provided in the Kane Assessments Newsletter. To subscribe, click on this link.