Looking For a Crown Vic for $500? South Elgin Police Host Online Auction
A 2008 Ford Expedition for $550, a 2009 Ford Crown Vic for $500, a 2009 Chevrolet Impala for $1,550, a 2005 Dodge Dakota pickup truck for $525.01 — these are the present bids as of 9 a.m. Tuesday, June 6, 2017, as reported in the online auction page of the South Elgin Police Department.
And these are just a few of the items available online, as we speak.
But if you want to get a great deal, you’ve got to act fast. Bidding closes at 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 14.
The online bidding is being conducted on behalf of South Elgin by Obenauf Auction Service Inc.
The items themselves are located at the South Elgin Police Deptartment, 10 N. Water Street, South Elgin. Contact Vickie Watson at 847-741-2151, Ext. 5341, if you’d like to see them in person. Viewings are by appointment only and are conducted from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
The online auction does a nice job of describing the vehicles, includes many photos and doesn’t sugar-coat the description.
The 2009 Ford Crown Vic, for example, has 103,690 miles, a 4.6 liter engine, plastic back seat along with the original back seat. The battery is dead, and it needs a new transmission.
Pretty much everything for sale is “as is.”
There is a 10 percent buyers fee, and applicable sales tax will be added to all purchases, although sales tax will not be charged on vehicles or if the purchase is tax exempt and provides a copy of a state-issued Sellers’ Permit/Tax ID certificate.
Successful bidders will receive an email invoice within 24 hours of the auction close. Full payment is required within five business days of the invoice date.
Up for bid are:
- 2008 Ford Expedition, (113,628 miles), 5.4L 330 CID V8 SOHC 24 Valve. Needs driver door hinges, control arm w/ball joints, lower ball joints front suspension., tie rod ends outer, spark plug boot (coil on plug) spark plug high thread, brake rotors, brake pads, brake calipers, exhaust leak. Administrative Vehicle, As-Is, No Reserve.
- 2001 Imperial Tandem-axle Low Boy Trailer, As-Is, No Reserve.
- 1984 Yacht Club Tandem-axle Trailer, As-Is, No Reserve.
- 2001 JJN Enterprise Single-axle Trailer, As-Is, No Reserve.
- 2009 Ford Crown Vic, (103,690 miles), 4.6 liter engine, plastic back seat along with the original back seat. The battery is dead, needs transmission. Squad Vehicle, As-Is, No Reserve.
- 2009 Chevrolet Impala, (109,495 miles), 3.6L engine, needs transmission. Detective Vehicle, As-Is, No Reserve.
- 2005 Dodge Dakota 2WD Pickup Truck, (52,899 miles), 3.7L V6 engine. Some rust, water pump leaks. Community Development Vehicle, As-Is, No Reserve.
SOURCE: village of South Elgin website