Aurora University to Host Nonprofit Leadership Institute Series June 13
The Aurora University School of Business and Public Policy will host the second of its ongoing Nonprofit Leadership Institute Series panel discussions from 7:30 to 9 a.m. June 13, 2017, at the Aurora University Orchard Center, 2245 Sequoia Drive, in Aurora.
The free event will include a panel of three nonprofit leaders from organizations throughout the Fox Valley who will discuss current challenges and opportunities facing nonprofits and social service agencies:
- Michael Meyer, chief executive officer, Fox Valley United Way
- Christy Pitol, LCSW, manager of bereavement services, Fox Valley Hands of Hope
- Marilyn Weisner, executive director, Aurora Area Interfaith Food Pantry
Panelists will share experiences and insight on surviving a challenging economic environment, building key resources and networks, and cultivating effective nonprofit leadership. Coffee and scones will be served.
According to Judson Curry, dean of adult and graduate studies at Aurora University, the Nonprofit Leadership Institute Series continues a long tradition of the university’s commitment to fostering and supporting nonprofit organizations in the region. Launched in spring 2017, the NPLI offers professionals an opportunity to learn about the latest developments in nonprofit leadership and network with other industry peers.
Future NPLI events have been scheduled:
- Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2017, 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.; HR/Volunteer Management
- Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2017, 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.; Trends and Issues in Nonprofit Governance
All events are held at the AU Orchard Center at 2245 Sequoia Drive, Aurora, IL 60506.
SOURCE: Aurora University news release