$4.5 Million Farnsworth Road Project Starts Tuesday
Traffic along a portion of Farnsworth Avenue between Sheffer Road and Mountain Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction as crews work to reconstruct the road, starting tomorrow (Tuesday, June 6, 2017).
The improvement project includes installation of new water main and storm sewers and will replace the triple culverts at Indian Creek with a new bridge. The improvements will alleviate flooding on the major thoroughfare and also include resurfacing the roadway.
Traffic delays are expected, particularly during morning and evening rush hour. Motorists are encouraged to use alternative routes.
The $4.5 million project is 80 percent federally funded. The city of Aurora will pay the remaining 20 percent with Motor Fuel Tax funds.
Conditions permitting, the project will be completed in the fall of 2018.
SOURCE: city of Aurora news release