POW! The Adventures of Izzy, Small Bundle of Canine Cuteness!
“My dogs have been the reason I have woken up every single day of my life with a smile on my face.”
– Jennifer Skiff, the Divinity of Dogs
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control.
Welcome to the Adventures of Izzy, a one-year-old Chihuahua-mix that found her way to Kane County Animal Control.
When last we left this small scruffy bundle of canine energy and cuteness, Izzy was working hard at leaving her mark on the hearts of the KCAC staff. Actually, she hasn’t had to work that hard because the staff fell in love with her practically from the moment she entered the KCAC facility.
Found as a stray in West Dundee, Izzy’s dark eyes belie her happy, bouncy personality. This little dog loves any toys that squeak, and will wait expectantly for someone to throw them for her so she can chase them from room to room. If, for a moment, attention has drifted away from her, she will run up to someone and try the old “jumping-bean-how-can-you-ignore-me” trick that seems to work very well on everyone.
Laps are for taking short rests between chasing toys and running down hallways. She really enjoys walks outside so she can explore her new world of grass, bushes and trees, but she’s more than willing to come back inside for her cuddles and kisses. Izzy seems to like other small dogs as long as they allow her time to get used to them.
Izzy is waiting for just the right forever family so she can continue her many adventures.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee for dogs is $200 and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300 and it is $150 to adopt two cats.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please go to www.kanecountypets.org.
- POW! Angie, You’re Beautiful!
- POW and Ciao! My Name Is Guido!
- POW! Playful. Loving. High-energy. Athletic. Happy. Gentle … Maple
- POW! Tri-Color Winnie Is One Beautiful Beagle
- POW! Sill Time to Adopt the Force-Sensitive Princess of Alderaan
- POW! Hi, I’m Harley! I Like You! Do You Like Me? Let’s Have Fun!
- POW! Storm Has Returned! (And She Can Be Yours!)
- POW! Don’t Wait For ‘Tomorrow’! Annie Is Ready For Adoption!
- POW! Emmy Is a Sweetheart Who Loves People, Other Dogs
- POW! Here’s Your Chance to Adopt Zoe, the Beautiful Calico
- POW! It’s Time For Beautiful Trixie to Get Her Forever Home!
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate complaints of neglected and\or abused dogs.