IDOT Lane Closures For Pedestrian Ramp Repairs at 8 Kane County Sites
The Illinois Department of Transportation has announced that a safety improvement project will take place at eight locations in Kane County. The project includes construction of pedestrian ramps that are complaint with the Americans with Disabilities.
Daily lane closures will be necessary when construction activities are taking place.
Beginning this month, new pedestrian ramps will be constructed at the following locations:
- Illinois 47 from Prairie Valley Street to Swain Street in Elburn.
- U.S. 20 at Highland Woods Boulevard in Pingree Grove.
- U.S. 20 at Weld Road in Elgin.
- Illinois 72 from Schmidt Drive to Warner Street in Hampshire.
- Illinois 72 from Center Drive to Tyrell Road in Gilberts.
- Illinois 72 at Tartans Drive in West Dundee.
- Illinois 25 at Piemonte Drive in East Dundee.
- McLean Boulevard from N. Lancaster Circle to S. Lancaster Circle in South Elgin.
These locations are part of the first stage of the project.Additional locations will be announced as construction progresses. The overall project will be completed in Fall 2017.
Motorists can expect delays and should allow extra time for trips through this area.Drivers are urged to pay close attention to flaggers and signs in the work zones, obey the posted speed limits and be on the alert for workers and equipment.
SOURCE: IDOT news release