POW! Still a Chance to Adopt the Force-Sensitive Princess of Alderaan!
“Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope.”
— a holographic Lei Organa in “A New Hope”
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control.
According to “Wookieepedia” (we are not making this up) Leia Organa was a Force-sensitive female who served as princess of Alderaan, a member of the Imperial Senate, a leader in the Alliance to Restore the Republic and New Republic, and the founding general of the Resistance.
And now she can be yours.
Not that long ago in an earthly city called St. Charles, IL, a young kitten was rescued from the life of a stray by a goodhearted resident and brought to the KCAC starship.
Even though the cold nights and days of January were beginning to ease, frost was still on the ground as the winds of winter whipped through the Empire. And so it was that the Force of good was definitely on the side of this 7-month-old domestic shorthair aptly named Leia.
Her swipes of gray facial markings make her a stand out within the universe and she has the sweetest nature that will melt even the toughest Jedi knight. Leia is more than willing to play as long as she can have her cuddle time later!
A born climber, Leia gets along with other cats although she probably would prefer to be the only feline running the household. She is a princess, after all!
KCAC’s high-energy, playful, fun-loving Siberian Husky puppy, Maple, finally found her forever home! We are so happy for you, Maple, and we know your life will be filled with all the love and adventure you can handle!
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee for dogs is $200 and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300 and it is $150 to adopt two cats.
- POW! Affectionate, Easygoing George Can’t Wait To Be Your Best Friend
- POW! ‘Johnny’ the Cuddly Stray Cat Rescued By Good Samaritan
- POW! Tail-Wagging, Mild-Mannered Kris Loves Attention
- POW! Looking For a Sweet Girl With a Winning Smile? Say Hello to Nollie
- POW! Won’t You Adopt Our Little Orphan Annie?
- POW! Angie, You’re Beautiful!
- POW and Ciao! My Name Is Guido!
- POW! Playful. Loving. High-energy. Athletic. Happy. Gentle … Maple
- POW! Tri-Color Winnie Is One Beautiful Beagle
- POW! Zoe Is Full of Life and Sweetness!
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate complaints of neglected and\or abused dogs.