Experience the Weirdness at Fermilab’s Popular ‘Wonders of Science’ Show
Every year a team of science teachers calling themselves Weird Science takes the stage of Ramsey Auditorium at Fermilab and, for an hour or so, puts on a deliriously entertaining and educational show called Wonders of Science.
This show is recommended for families with children ages 7 to 12, and will have those children gazing in wide-eyed wonder at the eye-popping experiments and demonstrations, and leaving with a science kit for their own experiments at home. Tickets are available online.
Experience Weird Science
- Event: A fast-paced series of demonstrations on chemical and physical phenomena that will involve you and your young scientists mentally and at times, physically! Wonders of Science is an annual program provided by the Education Office at Fermilab. Each family with at least one child will receive a kit of materials that will enable them to continue their science explorations at home or in the classroom.
- Where: Ramsey Auditorium, Wilson Hall, Fermilab (Directions to Fermilab)
- When: 1 p.m. March 19, 2017
- Audience: Recommended for families with children ages 7 through 12. Children must be accompanied by an adult with at least 1 adult per 5 children.
- Registration: Registration Fee: $5/person (non-refundable). Reservations are required and space is limited. To register for this event:
- Contact: Maureen Hix, Lederman Science Center, Education Office, P.O. Box 777, Batavia, IL 60510-0500; (630) 840-5588, email@example.com
SOURCE: Fermilab Frontiers e-newsletter and Fermilab website