POW! Affectionate, Easygoing George Can’t Wait To Be Your Best Friend
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
– Dean Koontz, author
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control.
George is a 5-year-old liver and white German Shorthaired pointer that arrived at Kane County Animal Control as an owner surrender.
It didn’t take any time at all for his sweet nature and easy-going personality to win over the hearts of KCAC staff. With his soulful look and lipid chocolate eyes combined with his affectionate disposition and low-key behavior, George is almost the perfect dog for families with youngsters who aren’t too boisterous.
Young or old, George’s main intent in life seems to be to garner as much attention from everyone within his sight. Toys aren’t on his wish list and spending a day playing and running are for dogs that have nothing better to do with their life.
It’s not that he isn’t willing to learn new things, but George just seems to have a higher purpose, which is to make sure his humans are aware that he is absolutely their very best friend for now and for always. Who can fault him for that?
KCAC Holiday Pupdates
Pretty Baby, the 24-year-old cockatiel found his forever home last week, just in time for the holidays. The office is definitely a lot quieter since you left, little man, but we are so happy you are tweeting and chirping into the New Year for your new family.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee for dogs is $200 and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300 and it is $150 to adopt two cats.
- POW! Little Guinea Pigs Can Take Up the Most Room in Your Heart
- POW! You Should Be So Lucky! This Calico Loves to Lounge
- POW! Spunky, Adorable Madeline Is Worthy of Olympic Go
- POW! Sweet Twin Puppies Daisy and Minnie Would Make Perfect Matched Set
- POW! Let’s Face It, Everybody Loves Waffles!
- POW! Home Is Where the Heart Is, And Where Angie Can Be, Too
- POW! Mac the Min-Pin Looks Like He Popped Out of a Disney Movie
- POW! Trixie Just Wants a Chance to Get to Know You
- POW! (Insert Bird Whistle Here) Pretty Baby Would Make a Perfect Christmas Gift!
- POW! Check Out the Puppy-Dog Grin, Beautiful Eyes on This Page
- POW! Trixie Is the Cutest, Front-Pawed and De-Clawed
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate complaints of neglected and\or abused dogs.