Kane County Chiefs of Police Association Celebrates 25 Years as 501C3
On Jan. 19, 2017, the Kane County Chiefs of Police Association impaneled its 2017 elected officers, who were sworn in by 16th Circuit Judge Clint Hull at the Riverview Banquet facility in Batavia.
This year, the Kane County Chiefs of Police Association is celebrating 25 years of being a 501c3 Non-Profit Corporation. The association does fundraising for several charitable causes, including a Harley Davidson Motorcycle Raffle in which 100 percent of the proceeds are donated to the Illinois Special Olympics for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
The association sponsors $5,000 a year in college scholarships.
Additional donations support various Kane County law enforcement organizations including:
- Kane County Major Crimes Task Force
- Kane County Accident Reconstruction Team
- Kane County Bomb Squad and Canine
- Kane County Arson Task Force
- Kane County Auto Theft Task Force
- Kane County Law Enforcement Honor Guard
Each of these support services is available to every police department in the county on a 24 hour/seven-day-a-week basis. The funding provided by the Kane County Chiefs of Police provides highly trained, technically proficient tactical officers and special equipment to each of our communities, which otherwise are unaffordable to a single community or police department.
2017 Presidents Award Winner
During the installation presentation, Past President Eric Passarelli presented the President’s Award to Linda Hagemann of the Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office for her volunteer efforts for the association and continuing dedication to the Illinois Special Olympics.
Slate of 2017 Officers
The 2017 slate of officers impaneled at the Jan. 19 meeting include:
- President: Pingree Grove Police Chief Shawn Beane
- Vice President: North Aurora Police Chief David Summer
- Secretary: Sugar Grove Police Chief Pat Rollins
- Treasurer: Elgin Police Cmdr. Colin Fleury
- Sergeant at Arms: Elburn Police Chief Nick Sikora
- Immediate Past President: Geneva Police Chief Eric Passarelli
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE: Kane County Chiefs of Police Association news release