Aurora Hosts Citywide Electronics Recycling Event Jan. 28
The city of Aurora is hosting a citywide Electronics Recycling Event from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Jan. 28.
The recycling event will be held in the city’s Central Garage, located at 720 N. Broadway near the corner of Broadway and Illinois Avenue. Vehicles must enter the facility on Illinois Avenue. Directional signage will be posted.
- Due to the high demand for service, the event is open to Aurora residents only. ID is required.
- Each car is limited to five items in total, including up to three television or computer screens.
- Screens of any size per car can be recycled for just $10 each. Credit/debit cards (with a $0.31 cents processing fee) and cash will be accepted.
- Other approved items are FREE to recycle.
- Only approved household items and electronics will be accepted.
The following electronics WILL be accepted: cables, cable boxes, cameras, cash registers, cell phones, copiers, cords, DVD players, fax machines, keyboards, laptops, printers (and cartridges), projectors, radios, satellite dishes, stereos, typewriters, VCRs, video games; and for $10 either one computer monitor OR one television of any size.
The following household items WILL be accepted: blenders, bread makers, carpet sweepers, coffee makers, clocks, curling irons, electric knives, electric toothbrushes, fans, fryers, hair cutters, hair dryers, heaters, holiday lights, irons, land line phones, metal tools, mixers, remotes, shaving equipment, toaster ovens, and vacuum cleaners (without bags).
The following items WILL NOT be accepted: large appliances (refrigerators, dish washers, stoves, washers, dryers), air conditioners, ballasts, bare CRT tubes, capacitors, dehumidifiers, household batteries (AA, AAA, D, C, Lithium), light bulbs, liquids, microwaves, salvaged units, smoke detectors, VHS cassette tapes and medical equipment (any material that is considered or has come in contact with biohazard or radioactive material)
To ensure that the demand is met, all cars that are in line by 12:00 p.m. will be allowed to drop-off up to 5 approved items in the vehicle. Early attendance is encouraged.
If inclement weather is forecasted, the event can be rescheduled for a later date.