POW! Trixie Is the Cutest, Front-Pawed and De-Clawed
“When I am feeling low all I have to do is watch my cats and my courage returns.”
– Charles Bukowski
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control.
Trixie became a Kane County Animal Control resident when her owner surrendered her along with her calico cousin, Lucky.
But so far, Trixie hasn’t been as lucky as Lucky, and Kane County Animal Control is hoping she can find a home this holiday season.
Trixie is a beautiful front-pawed, declawed 9-year-old gray domestic shorthair. As she stares at you through cat-green eyes, you might swear that she can see into the depths of your soul.
On first meeting, she can appear to be a little shy, more than likely stemming from when she and her friend were uprooted from their safe home environment. But once she she gets to know you, she finds her inner courage and she has no problem letting you spend the day petting her.
For any family with a little patience and love to offer, Trixie will make a wonderful addition to your home.
KCAC Holiday Pupdates
Page, the 5-month-old Siberian Husky mix with the heterochromatic eyes found her forever family last week, just in time for the holidays. KCAC will miss your gentle hugs and kisses, but we know your new family will give you all the love and support you deserve.
Allen, KCAC’s sweet, sedate 6-year-old Shiba Inu-mix happily walked out the door with his new family last week. We hope all your days are filled with love, Allen!
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee for dogs is $200 and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300 and it is $150 to adopt two cats.
- POW! Little Guinea Pigs Can Take Up the Most Room in Your Heart
- POW! You Should Be So Lucky! This Calico Loves to Lounge
- POW! Spunky, Adorable Madeline Is Worthy of Olympic Go
- POW! Sweet Twin Puppies Daisy and Minnie Would Make Perfect Matched Set
- POW! Let’s Face It, Everybody Loves Waffles!
- POW! Home Is Where the Heart Is, And Where Angie Can Be, Too
- POW! Mac the Min-Pin Looks Like He Popped Out of a Disney Movie
- POW! Trixie Just Wants a Chance to Get to Know You
- POW! (Insert Bird Whistle Here) Pretty Baby Would Make a Perfect Christmas Gift!
- POW! Check Out the Puppy-Dog Grin, Beautiful Eyes on This Page
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate complaints of neglected and\or abused dogs.
SOURCE: Kane County Animal Control