Perfect Timing! 1,000-Foot Slip ‘N’ Slide Comes to Carpentersville July 23
As the hottest days of the summer hit home in Kane County, relief appears in Carpentersville.
Slide The City makes its return to the Chicago area with its sensational 1,000-foot-long slip ‘n slide on Saturday, July 23, in Carpentersville, on Maple Avenue between Rosewood and Tamarac Drive.
Slide the City is a family friendly slip-and-slide event. There will be live music, food, drinks, water, and of course the biggest slip and slide ever to hit asphalt.
“We are a water park, a street fair and a concert all in one,” says Spencer Hunn, owner and co-founder of Slide the City, the Utah-based company that presents events across the country.
Organizers say not worry because the slide is padded.
“This slide’s got more cushion than your grandpa’s orthopedic sneakers,” Slide the City says in its news release.
Like most larger-than-life rides, all sliders must be at least 5 years old and over 46 inches tall. Tubes are for single sliders only, and lap riding is not allowed. If your child meets the age and height requirements, ensure they are capable of sliding 1,000 feet on their own tube! If you have any concerns, you can email us at email@example.com. All minors must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
Slide the City has presented about 75 events in each of the two years since its founding. A visit to the area made Hunn realize these are ideal locations to hold an event.
“(My colleagues and I) can’t drive past a hill that would be an epic slide without noticing because we know how much fun people actually have at these events,” he says. “So when I saw these spots, I was like ‘I could be wrong, but this is like the best hill possible for our slide.'”
Registration is now open with several purchasing options available, including a two-ride package, three-hours of unlimited rides and all-day passes. Prices range, but the earlier you register, the better price you’ll receive.
The two-slide option, the least expensive choice, starts at $10 with early bird pricing. Family packages are also available.
Things to Bring
- A Smile
- An Appropriate Swim Suit (no sharp objects attached)
- Shoes (pavement is hot and you’ll be walking)
- Your friends
- Card or Cash (we have food trucks and other Merchandise)
Carpentersville Things to Know
- Parking will be available at and near Carpenter Park.
- At no cost, you will be lent an inflated tube to slide with, as all participants MUST have a tube to slide. Tubes will also be available for sale for $2 if you wish to take one home.
- Is there an age limit? Like most larger than life rides, all sliders must be 5 years old and over 46 inches tall. Tubes are for single sliders only, and lap riding is not allowed. If your child meets the age and height requirements, ensure they are capable of sliding on their own tube!
About Slide The City
Remember the glorious slip ‘n’ slides of your youth? Slide the City is that humble backyard vinyl’s big sister, all dressed up for an urban block party. We bring 1,000 feet of slick inflated vinyl (the biggest of its kind!) to your city streets, with live music, entertainment, and local vendors. For more information, please visit www.slidethecity.com.