Aurora Township Property Assessments Will Be Published Aug. 1 in The Beacon-News
Live in Aurora Township? Then you have the month of August to file a complaint about your property tax assessment.
The 2016 assessment changes for property in Aurora Township are being published Monday, Aug. 1, in the Aurora Beacon-News. The final filing deadline for property in Aurora Township has been set for Aug. 31, 2016.
After all revisions and corrections by the Aurora Township assessor were applied, each non-farm property in Aurora Township was equalized with a factor of 1.1629. Click here to learn more about equalization factors.
- Assessment complaints for property in this township must be filed by Aug. 31, 2016. By state law, no assessment complaints for property in Aurora Township can be accepted after this date. Click here to learn more about assessment complaints.
- To obtain assessment information about a property in this this township, please call the Aurora Township Assessor’s Office or visit the township assessor’s website. To find contact information for the Aurora Township Assessor’s Office or any township in Kane Count, click this link to the Township Assessor Directory.
Filing Deadline Complaints
By state law, the last day that an assessment complaint may be filed is the close of business on the 30th day after publication in a local newspaper. The only exception is if the County Assessment Office is not open on the 30th day; in that instance, the deadline is automatically extended to the close of business on the next day the office is open.
- As mentioned above, assessment changes in Aurora Township are being published Aug. 1; the final filing deadline for Aurora Township is Aug. 31, 2016.
- Assessment changes in Blackberry, Geneva, and Kaneville townships were published on July 28; the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 29, 2016.
- Assessment changes in Elgin, St. Charles, and Sugar Grove townships were published on July 21; the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 22, 2016.
- Assessment changes in Campton Township were published on July 14; the final filing deadline for this township is Aug. 15, 2016.
- Assessment changes in Plato Township were published on July 13; the final filing deadline for Plato Township is Aug. 12, 2016.
- Assessment changes in Dundee and Rutland townships were published on July 7; the final filing deadline for these townships is Aug. 8, 2016.
- The final filing deadlines for Batavia, Big Rock, Burlington, Hampshire, and Virgil townships for the 2016 year have already passed; no further assessment complaints can be accepted for these Townships.
New in 2016: Assessment Complaint How-To Videos
The Kane County Board of Review is now offering a series of short online videos to assist taxpayers who are thinking about filing an assessment complaint with the board.
- Kane County Assessment Office
- Township Assessor Websites
- Kane County Board of Review Rules and Procedures
- Homestead Exemptions
- Kane County Government
- Kane County Treasurer
- Kane County Clerk
- Illinois Department of Revenue
- Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board
- Illinois Property Tax Code
SOURCE: This is a reprint of information provided in the Kane Assessments Newsletter. To subscribe, click on this link.
- Big Day for Property Tax Assessments: Elgin, St. Charles, Sugar Grove Publish Thursday, July 21
- Clock Starts Ticking July 14 to File Campton Township Tax-Assessment Complaints
- Heads Up, Plato Township! Assessment Changes Go To Print Wednesday, July 13
- Property Assessments for Dundee, Rutland Townships Will Be Published July 7
- Assessment Changes For Big Rock, Virgil Township Property Publish June 16
- UPDATE: Batavia, Burlington Townships Assessments Publish June 9; Filing Deadline Extended Due to Publication Error
- Hampshire Township Assessment Changes Published June 1
- One Month to File Assessment Complaints in Blackberry, Geneva, Kaneville Township, Starting July 28